Lessons.

Mira

I ended the call with Rocco making my way out of the room. I went downstairs to find that Dante and Prem were no longer in battle. I searched for either Varsha or Prem as I pushed my way through the crowd. Someone grabbed my arm as I protested in response. They pulled me away into a secluded corner, as my tension relieved.

"Prem."

I sighed.

"Where did you go? You missed the game."

"Ma called. She was just checking up on me."

"You not going to do another runner?"

"Not tonight. Besides we need to talk. Though where's Varsha?"

Prem pointed towards the scene, as Varsha and Dante were in conversation with one another. I was surprised. I thought she was afraid to get close to him, as they stood there smiling. Prem took my hand in his, observing the black bracelet.

"Shall we listen to this fella?"

I nodded as I led Prem upstairs to the same room I was in before. I suddenly felt anxious, as I realized I was alone in a room with my teenage crush. I plopped down on the bed, as he joined me. My heart began to accelerate, as the proximity closed between us. I was suddenly tongue tied, as he took my hand in his. I looked up at him shyly, as his thumb traced the smooth skin on my hand. He began to remove the bracelet from my hand as if he was undressing me. I gasped at the little movement, as his gaze didn't leave me. He twirled the bracelet in his hand as he pressed one of the buttons. A small screen appeared on the band, as he scrolled through the recordings. He pressed play as the night of the deal unravelled to him.

I cringed as soon as I heard my voice. Prem looked at me as if he couldn't believe I had said the things I said. His face went pale at the tone of Rocco's voice and threats. Once the recording was over. Prem finally broke the ice between us.

"Why is Rocco so protective of you?"

I went blank, shaking my head. Prem would be furious if he found out about our new found bond.

"This sounds personal, Mira. And I'm not liking it."

"It's all a facade, Prem. Besides, what did you think of my alliance with Ivashkov? I believe we should take him out first."

Prem's expression abruptly altered.

"You and Rocco aren't a thing, right?"

My eyes widened.

"Prem. There's nothing going.."

"I mean he's a man a woman can easily fantasize about."

He interrupted my sentence. I tried to remain calm.

"Those novels of yours. It makes sense as to why your working for him in the first place."

He gripped my arm tight, as I began to plead.

"Prem! For the love of God, there is nothing going on."

"If there is nothing going on. Then why does he fucking care about you?!"

He snapped at me, as I froze in my spot.

"I don't know!"

I cried out, as Prem's grip loosened around my arm. He sighed, biting his lip.

"I'm sorry, Mira. It's just that Rocco has a penchant for being the villain of my life. I'm scared he's also going to take away the heroine of my life as well."

He caressed the wound he caused on my arm, as both pain and pleasure struck me.

"I resent the Salvatores much more."