𝟔 | 𝐃𝐞𝐮𝐜𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐝𝐞

ᵗᵒᵒ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ᵗʳᵘᵉ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: ℑ 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔐𝔶 𝔅𝔬𝔶𝔣𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔡 - 𝔓𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔰𝔰 ℭ𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔰𝔢𝔞

Warnings: None that I can think of... maybe implied death... kinda...

♥♠♣♦ —— ☠ —— ♥♠♣♦

Y/N woke to the sound of someone knocking on her door. Her eyes blinked sleepily, and she rolled over, shutting off her phone as she did so. Her housewarden had told her to go to sleep long before, but she couldn't help but stay awake. It felt as if there was something wrong. Like something bad would happen if she shut out all the lights. So having a distraction come knocking was a welcome surprise.

And even more of a welcome surprise when she realised that the surprise was in the form of her loving boyfriend, Deuce Spade, slowly pushing open her door with an excited grin on his face.

"Y/N," he whispered. When he noticed her rolling over to greet him, he quickly entered and shut the door behind him, wincing at its loud click that seemed to echo around the quiet dorm.

"What is it," she asked. A few strands of hair fell into her face, a few tickling her mouth, and she grimaced, spitting out the ends.

"Come with me," Deuce whispered excitedly, holding his hand out to his girlfriend. "The village has a huge display of lights right now!"

"Bu-"

Deuce's eyes pleaded for Y/N to come with him. They hadn't been able to celebrate Halloween together yet, what with both of them being busy helping their dorms get ready for the upcoming holiday. Riddle was tense, wanting everything to be perfect, so Deuce was working overtime for him, trying to make sure that everything was just right for the inspection that would be coming up at the end of the week. Y/N, however, was busy trying to convince Idia to do anything for Halloween when all he wanted to do was sit in his room and play video games. It had taken this long just to convince him to even dress up for the holiday, let alone decorate the dorm.

"Fine," Y/N said with a sigh, though her eyes were shining. She had missed spending time with her boyfriend.

The last time they had a date was before the month of October when they had gone down to the village during the last school trip. And even then, their date had been cut short by Ace and Grim being their usual... cheerful... selves. Y/N had wanted to throw them in the lake for dumping their ice cream on Deuce, but the boy had managed to calm her down and they returned to the castle before anyone else, giving them some time alone in Deuce's dorm. Unfortunately, his roommates had come back to find them snuggled up on his bed and the teasing had been relentless, to say the least.

Deuce waited outside the dorm for Y/N to change into something more presentable than a pair of short shorts and a tank top, and once she was ready, the two of them left the Ignihyde dorm, arm in arm as they ran towards the exit of the campus.

"Did Crowley put up the spell again," Y/N asked as they neared the twisted iron gates that stood as the entrance and exit for the school.

Deuce shook his head and pulled her to the side of the gates, pulling aside the bushes and revealing a hole that was large enough for them to slip through. Y/N rolled her eyes, but crouched down and started crawling through the hole, trying to ignore the stains that the dirt would leave on the knees of her pants. She would have to ask Deuce to clean those later since this was his brilliant idea.

But as they reached the village, Y/N's worry about dirt stains quickly melted away and was replaced with the awe of the village before her. Deuce was right. They had done it up to the fullest. Giant pumpkins made from wire had been wrapped up in lights of orange and blue, ghosts hung from a rope that had been suspended from one side of the village to the other, and it seemed as though someone had let loose an entire litter of black kittens. The tiny felines roamed the village, purring and nuzzling against who they pleased, nicking other students on the knuckles as they bent down to scratch them. Y/N giggled at the sight and approached one black kitten who was sitting on the edge of the fountain, bathed in the almost ethereal orange glow of the lights surrounding it.