𝟖 | 𝐑𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐢𝐞 𝐁𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐡𝐢

ᵗʰᵉ ʷⁱˡᵈ-ᵈᵒᵍ'ˢ ᵐⁱˢᶠᵒʳᵗᵘⁿᵉ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: ℭ𝔞𝔨𝔢 - 𝔐𝔢𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔢 𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔷

Warnings: blood, werewolf

♥♠♣♦ —— ☠ —— ♥♠♣♦

A lone girl sat atop the roof of her house, fiddling with a strand of wheat, slowly pulling the stalk apart. She took the head of the stalk in her hand and crushed it, pulling it from the rest of the dead plant, and grinding it up before throwing it to the wind. She watched the bulbs as they tumbled to the edge of the roof, swept up by a breeze and carried off, into the distant village around her. 

"Y/N!"

The girl flinched when she heard a sudden voice, followed by a grunt and the sound of something hitting the shingles on the roof behind her. She whirled around, her pen out in front of her as she readied herself to fire a spell, but she relaxed a bit when she realised that it was just Ruggie. She sighed and turned back around, rolling her eyes at her boyfriend's antics. He could never just greet her like a normal person. 

"Hey," he said, taking a seat beside her and greeting her with a peck on the cheek. "How was your day?"

"Good," Y/N said with a shrug, leaning over onto her boyfriend's shoulder. "How 'bout you?"

Ruggie smirked. "Pretty good. I got to see Leona again."

Y/N snickered at the mention of the prince. She and Ruggie were the only two who got on with the prince. Or at least, they were able to put up with him, though Y/N had a sneaking suspicion that Leona prefered her over Ruggie because she didn't play little tricks on him as much as Ruggie did.

"And you didn't invite me? I'm hurt."

"Sorry, wolfie," Ruggie snickered, rubbing his nose against Y/N's cheek. "You can come next time~"

"Fine."

Silence fell over the two as they soaked up each other's warmth. It was a gift to feel so warm during the freezing nights in the savannah. Despite the heat that swarmed the grasslands during the day, the nights were equally freezing.

Suddenly, Ruggie jumped to his feet. "You wanna run out to the Baobab tree?"

Y/N bit her lip and glanced up at the moon. "I-I don't know Ruggie. Your grandmother always says-"

"It'll be fine! We'll be there and back before anyone knows."

Y/N could never say no to Ruggie. It was her one weakness. She sighed, rising to her feet and allowing her charming, sly, mischievous boyfriend to pull her in for a quick kiss. Their nightly kisses were her favourites. The ones where they could fully enjoy each other, without the fear of scarring any of the younger children who ran about the village during the day.

"Come on," Ruggie snickered, pulling Y/N down the sloping roof of her house. The two jumped off and landed on the hay bales behind Y/N's house with a snicker.

They walked to the edge of their village and got ready to run, both grinning at the other, sure that they were going to win it.

"Ready..."

"Set..."

"Go!"

The two shot off, though Ruggie quickly pulled ahead, leaving Y/N in the dust as he sped towards the tree. Y/N rolled her eyes and continued to jog at a light pace. Hyenas were faster than Wild-Dogs. Of course, he would beat her. But she knew that she was better at other things than he was, so she didn't mind letting him win their athletic competitions.