𝟏𝟒 | 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥 𝐕𝐢𝐩𝐞𝐫

ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵃⁿᶜᵉ ᵒᶠ ᶜᵃᵖᵗᵘʳᵉ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: ℌ𝔶𝔭𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔦𝔠 - ℨ𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔞 𝔇𝔞𝔶

Warnings: blood, bruises

♥♠♣♦ —— ☠ —— ♥♠♣♦

A shiver wracked Y/N's body and she shuddered, tugging her knees closer to herself and burrowing her nose into her legs. How long had it been since she had been thrown in here? Hours? No... more likely that she had been trapped in the Scarabia dungeon for a few days at least, possibly even a few weeks. 

Her wrists had been rubbed raw by the manacles, the metal cuffs digging deep enough into her skin to draw her blood to the surface. The metal was stained with the rust-coloured substance, and the entire cell smelled of her blood. A metallic tang hung in the air, tangible enough to taste and send Y/N into a frenzy, desperate for any source of nutrients. The servants hadn't been down here to give her any food to eat. Perhaps it had only been a few hours since she had been thrown in here...

There was a cough in the cell across from her and Y/N looked up from her knees, a despairing look settling into her sunken cheeks as she saw the shadow of something moving in the cell. Not a what, so much as a who. 

"Kalim?" Y/N lowered her knees, wincing as the iron dug into her ankles, and slowly slid closer to the bars, clutching them tightly as she tried to see Kalim. Like her, he had been thrown in here without care and had been locked up as she had, though he had been beaten by the servants before they left him to rot. 

"Y-Y/N?"

Y/N hated how weak Kalim sounded. As if he was barely clinging to life. Y/N allowed her eyes to adjust to the darkness of the dungeon, ignoring the glint of the single torch that was sitting on the wall of her cell. After a moment, she was able to see Kalim's form, limp and slumped against the ground, his chest heaving painfully as he tried to breathe.

"Kalim," Y/N sobbed, pressing her forehead against the bars. She could feel the sharp edges digging into her skin, but she ignored it. All she wanted was to crawl over to Kalim and hold him close, promising him that she would get him out of there. 

"I-I'm okay, Y/N," Kalim whispered. He sounded parched and weak... Too weak... "I..."

"No you're not," Y/N said, cutting him off. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she imagined Kalim's weak form. She couldn't take it. 

"JAMIL," she screamed, throwing her head back and screaming into the roof above her. 

Kalim forced himself up from the ground, pushing himself along the ground until he was leaning on the bars closest to Y/N. "N-no, Y/N. D-don't."

"You need help," Y/N cried. "And-"

Kalim let out a grunt of pain as he tried to stand. He couldn't afford for Y/N to sacrifice herself simply so he could be healed. "N-no," he stuttered out, gripping the bars for support. "I... I'll heal find on my own." The light of the dungeon torches shone down on his black eye and Y/N shook her head. 

"I made a mistake choosing him," she whispered, smiling at Kalim. "I should have chosen you."

"Then choose me now," Kalim said, a tear forming in the corner of his eye. "Don't give in to him just to help me, Y/N. I can't lose you to him." He reached out a limp arm towards Y/N, bruised and battered from Jamil's cruelty. "Please, don't do it."