- Chapter 2 -

Reina layed on her back staring up at the ceiling above her bed, being unchained was new to her and she didn't know what to do. The sound of her metal door sliding open jolted her away from her thoughts, quickly she sat up and swung her legs off the bed. 

"Easy." A voice said, Reina froze unsure if she should relax or be more tense. 

"How did you get in here?" Reina asked, her hands gripping the edge of her matres. 

"We're allowed to wander the wing if we wear these damn things." The man replied, pointing to the collar around his neck. Reina's eyes traced his body, he was muscular, his white t-shirt clung to his muscles, his gray sweatpants hung off of his body perfectly. He gave her a second to look him over, he leaned against the doorframe and ran his hand through his dirty blonde hair, his blue eyes looking over her malnourished body as well.

"I don't want to wear a collar." Reina replied finally, her eyes snapping back up to meet his. 

"Then you can't leave your cage." He countered, shrugging slightly. 

"Did he put you up to this?" Reina hissed, standing up and walking forward to stand directly in front of him. 

"Who? Dr. Stoon?" He replied calmly, looking down at her. 

"Who else." Reina said lowly, not fully in control of her emotions. 

"No, I came by my own volition." He explained, crossing his arms. Reina turned away, running her hand through her long blonde hair, pacing around the room.

"What do you want?" Reina questioned, turning back to him. 

"Figured you need someone who knows what's happening to you." He replied, his blue eyes taking in her condition. 

"I don't need your help." Reina snapped, her eyes flashing green before returning to their blue/gray. 

"Really? You feel lost don't you. Like you don't recognize yourself, you're trapped in your own skin, you can't control your emotions, you're fighting with something else." He began, stepping further into the room and sliding the door closed behind him. 

Reina stood silently, her back turned to him, he was right... But she couldn't trust him, not yet. 

"You know I'm right." He pressed, silently walking closer to her. Reina turned quickly, her eyes glowing green, her mouth open in a hiss to show her fangs, her hand raised with hooked claws ready to slash down on his face. 

His hand lifted quickly, his eyes remaining locked with hers as he caught her wrist. Reina hissed again, black and orange stripes appearing on her skin, fur beginning to replace her skin. His eyes turned orange, patches of tan appearing across his skin, he leaned towards her and roared. The walls of the cell seemed to shake, Reina's eyes faltered as her facial expression softened, she stumbled back, her stripes fading away followed by her claws and fangs. 

"What the hell are you?" Reina mumbled, placing her hand against the cold concrete wall behind her. 

"A lion. And my name is Shane." He replied, his fangs and claws receding, followed by the tan patches on his skin. 

"Reina." She replied, her eyes dimming until they went back to normal.