- Chapter 3 -

Slowly her eyes opened, she was greeted by the boring concrete ceiling of her cell, again. Reina went to sit up, her wrists jerked back, she turned her head quickly to see that her wrist were chained to the bed. 

"Good morning." A man said, his voice made Reinas' skin crawl. 

Dr. Stoon stood up from where he sat across the room, he walked over to stand above Reina, smiling down at her. Reina yanked on the chains and snarled up at him, her eyes glowing green. 

"Now now... That's not very nice now is it?" Dr. Stoon frowned, reaching forward to move a piece of her hair from her face.

"Fuck you." Reina growled, glaring up at him, continuing to yank on the chains.

"Ok Reina." He breathed, leaning back. 

"I'm giving you one last chance to accept the collar before I have to forcefully place it on you. I know you don't want it, but your powers are becoming too much for you to handle on your own." He continued. 

"No. I refuse, and you will not get that damn thing anywhere near me." She hissed in reply, craning her neck to see her bedside table where a metal tray sat with the collar on it. 

"I truly am sorry about how this had to happen Reina." He sighed, reaching over and carefully picking the device up. 

He turned back to Reina and moved towards her, she began to thrash and fight until the metal cuffs began to dig into her skin and cause her to bleed. All she managed to do was waste her energy, Dr. Stoon leaned back after latching the device to her neck. Reina looked up at him, her eyes glowing and her chest rising and falling quickly, he frowned and pressed a button on his watch. Reina yanked more on the chains, but it was beginning to hurt the more she moved, suddenly she felt a strange feeling wash over her, her eyes flashed several times before fading back to normal. She blinked rapidly, looking around, too exhausted to fight. Dr. Stoon undid her restraints and left the room without saying another word, Reina watched him leave before sitting up slowly. 

Reina looked down at her hands, she felt a strange emptiness, like she was missing her own soul. She rubbed her bloody wrists, staring blankly at the floor, she didn't even notice when her door opened and Shane walked in. 

"Oh my God... Reina." Shane breathed, rushing forward, he crouched in front of her. His hands hovered above her wrists as he traced her face with his eyes. 

"Reina?" He asked quietly. Reina slowly looked up into his eyes, but her expression was dull. 

"What did he do?" Shane pressed, resting his hands on her wrists softly. Reina stayed silent, she simply moved her head to the side so that he could see the collar that Dr. Stoon had strapped to her neck.

"Christ Reina." Shane sighed, reaching up to gently touch the collar. Reina flinched away from his hand, Shane froze, his eyes dimming. 

 He reached up and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her into him a little. Reina hesitated for a second before allowing herself to slide off of the bed and into his arms, Shane sat back on the floor and held her closely, resting his chin on her head. he ran his hand up and down her back gently, she leaned against his chest, her eyes stinging with tears. 

"What did I do to deserve this?" Reina asked, her voice breaking slightly. 

"You don't remember?" Shane asked, his voice quiet. Reina silently shook her head against his chest, he let out a sigh and hugged her tighter. 

"You killed a man." Shane murmured, his hand lifting to gently stroke her hair. Reinas' body began to tremble slightly, her breathing faltered as tears began to slowly fall down her face. 

"Shhhh, it's ok." Shane whispered, holding her as she cried silently. 

After almost an hour Reina had drifted off to sleep, Shane carefully picked her up and laid her on the bed. He pulled the blanket over her and paused looking at her, he smiled slightly before gently brushing a piece of hair away from her face. Reinas' eyes snapped open, glowing green, her hand gripped his wrist as she snarled. Shane froze, leaning back slightly. Reina paused, her eyes widened when she realized what had happened, she released his wrist and sat up, pressing herself into the corner. 

"I'm so- I'm so sorry." Reina mumbled, pulling her knees to her chest. 

Shane sat down on the bed, his eyes softened as he looked at her fear filled body. 

"This fear you're feeling. Use it, don't let that bastard win. Don't let him break you down, use that fear and turn it into anger and power." Shane spoke, his voice was gentle yet held his more usual dominant tone. Reina looked at him, tears brimming her eyes, she wiped her cheek with the back of her hand before she lowered her knees. 

"Will you help me? Train me?" Reina asked, her breath shaky. 

"Of course." Shane nodded, holding out his hand. 

Reina hesitated, looking from his face to his hand, after a moment she placed her hand in his. 

Authors note:

Hello my lovely readers! Apologies for the shorter chapter, and the lack of chapters. I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday!