𝟖| 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

CHAPTER EIGHT:

FLOODED BY MEMORIES

IT WAS GETTING dark outside, the sky a dark blue as rain was slowly falling down from the dark sky

IT WAS GETTING dark outside, the sky a dark blue as rain was slowly falling down from the dark sky. The honks from the horns of vehicles could be heard as cars drove by a certain building on the corner of the street, some vehicles being parked on the side of the road as civilians were walking into a store to by something before they'd head back home for the long day they most likely had.

Puddles had been created on the concrete ground from the rain that had once been falling, now only slowly spitting down from the dark sky. Inside the building on the corner of the street in the very basement of the building where no windows were, doctors could be seen sitting by a chair where the certain HYDRA assassin sat in.

James Buchanan Barnes, or having once gone by Bucky Barnes, held a blank and emotionless expression as he stared straight ahead at the wall in the room he was in full of HYDRA agents and doctors who were currently fixing his metal arm after Captain America had used his vibranium shield to break it a bit.

His mind was all over the place after the encounter on the bridge, memories playing through his brain, something that he never recalls happening before as he remembers the face of Arnim Zola once staring down at him after he had fallen from the train around seventy years ago.

The panicked faces of Steve Rogers, his childhood best friend, and Y/n Barnes, his little sister, trying to get him back on the train before his grip has loosened and he had supposedly fallen to his death before he had been dragged through the snow, blood staining the white snow on the ground when his arm had been released from his body.

The assassin found himself twitching in his seat, something that the doctors took notice of as they stopped their work slightly. He remembers the surgery he had gone through when his metal arm had been attached to his body, the time he had woken up and had attacked the doctor who had checked on him. And then lastly, having been put on ice for a long, long time after he had just woken up.

Next thing all the doctors knew in the room, one of them was being sent back across the room after Bucky had used his metal arm to punch him away, causing the agents to aim their guns at him as he stood there with a clenched jaw, more memories echoing throughout his brain, especially ones of his little sister.

It was grey outside in Brooklyn, New York in 1942 early in the morning as civilians all walked around with slight blank expressions. Adults were holding umbrellas in their hands as they tried to hide from the rain pouring down from the grey sky while children were running around in the rain, smiles on their faces as they jumped in puddles, not giving a care if adults were yelling at them about being careful of getting them wet, only running off and continuing to play with their friends for the day.

The occasional honks of the very old vehicles around the streets could be heard, men trying to get to their jobs for the day or taking their wives somewhere on a rainy day. Meanwhile, in the Barnes household, Bucky and Y/n Barnes found themselves standing by the front door of their shared home, a home that Bucky had once been living in by himself until his sister moved in when she graduated school. Y/n stepped forward and wrapped her arms around her older brother.