Newbie QB Part 2...

The next few days were met with silence from the cheerleader's end. The once inviting face that smiled and waved as she passed me in the hallways was no more. There was no doubt in my mind that she was pissed I sided with Bella instead of her.

I stood towards the front of the crowd for the cheerleading competition I knew Bella wouldn't be attending. Though she killed it as quarterback, it was still a stressful thing no matter what. I just felt it. Still, I showed up for Pepper and Sophie. Mostly for Sophie.

Sophie's eyes met mine from across the gym rather quickly. She, unexpectedly to me, walked over to me. "I didn't think you'd come." She admitted.

"You're pissed at me. Not the other way around, remember?" I reminded her. "We're friends. I always show up for friends."

She smiled softly at me. "Thank you. I really appreciate it and I'm sure Pepper does too."

"Break a leg." I smiled back. "Not literally, of course."

XXX

I knocked lightly on Sophie's hospital door. "I said break a leg, not an arm."

"Very funny." Sophie rolled her eyes. "Not."

"Where's your entourage?"

"My brothers and mi abuelita are in the cafeteria, probably causing some problem." She muttered disdainfully.

"I just wanted to give you this." I put the single rose down on the small table next to her bed. "It was for after you guys won, but that clearly didn't happen."

"Well, it was sweet nonetheless."

"Uh, I'm gonna go home and check on Troy. He hasn't answered my texts in a while." I tried to walk away, but Sophie grabbed my hand.

"Stay? Just for a little while?" And how was I supposed to say no to her?

XXX

"Bulldogs, bring it in." The boys surrounded Coach Russell and I quickly, but Bella was still on the bench next to the field.

"Dawson!" No response. "Dawson!"

"Sorry, Coach." She grabbed her helmet and rushed towards us.

"Now, Avery and I don't have to tell you how big tonight's game is. The Tigers are tough. But, Dawson, you showed us something this week. You got the arm, you got the guts, you got that lilac spray that really freshens up the locker room. You earned your spot. Let's have a great practice, all right? Tonight we are gonna beat the stripes off those tigers!" Coach blew the whistle again, causing the entire team to part and line up for plays.

XXX

Something happened to Bella. They were in her head again. Or something was. "Give me one second." I told Coach Russell before running onto the field to talk to Bella. "What's wrong with you?" I asked once I reached the blonde.

"Nothing." She shook her head.

"I went out on a limb for you with Russell, a-and Pepper, and Sophie. Please show me on the field that I didn't make a mistake."

Her voice was shaky, and she clearly wasn't confident in herself. "Yeah, okay."

XXX

Bella did a full 360. From off the team, then back on, then winning the biggest game of the season for us. It was a great moment for the team, but everyone was happy. Sophie's arm was healing, Troy didn't mind Bella at QB, Bella was confident in herself. Everyone was happy.

Except for me.

My Cheerleader-Sophie De La RosaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara