Chapter 3

Possible TW's: a little boy dressing feminine (if that bothers any bigots 🥰🥰 gtfo 👹👹), brief mentions of law enforcement, mental healing from trauma

You were right, you woke up to Tenko curled up in bed next to you. It was fine, though; you checked the time and found that it was an ungodly hour to wake a child, but figured you can boil yourself in a hell-temp shower and also leave the time for the water to heat up again for Tenko to shower.

So, you got out of the bed and prepared towels, clothes for the day, and headed to the bathroom. Your shower was a good half hour long just so you could stand in the water and think about literally everything, but it was nice.

You finished and ignored the many skin care products on the sink, choosing to just brush your teeth, do your hair, and put on your clothes (yes, in that order. I have curly hair shut up).

You stepped out of the room and chose to make a western style breakfast, the pancakes and the bacon and the shitty omelets. You got out the good syrup and used coffee creamer instead of milk in your pancake batter because you are a genius.

You put your favorite toppings in your own omelet and just made scrambled eggs for Tenko, so that you know that he will eat it, even though he hasn't been picky thus far.

You made bacon in the oven because you're lazy and that takes less work, and you made very perfect pancakes that could please anyone with OCD.

You plated the pancakes, pulled out the bacon and put it on a plate with paper towels, and put the omelet and scrambled eggs on two separate plates, then went back to your room to check on Tenko.

He seemed to have just recently woke up, still slowly blinking and rubbing his face.

"Hey, I just made breakfast, wanna get up so we can go shopping?" You asked, coaxing the boy out of bed.

He got up, looking like a zombie, and then walked to the kitchen, going to the table and sitting in front of his plate. He used a fork to grab a few pancakes and two pieces of bacon, then wordlessly asked for the syrup with cute little grabby hands across the table.

You slid it over to him, and he put some on the pancake on top. He put another pancake on top, then picked up the whole thing and had at it like a big sandwich, occasionally pausing for eggs or bacon.

It was a struggle to not laugh at him, but it was effective as well so you couldn't really judge.

Once he finished, he had syrup all over his hands and face. You led him back to his room so he could choose from some of the clothes that he decided to keep from your old stuff, and grabbed a towel for him while he chose.

When you got back to the room, he had clothes but seemed lost in thought, more awake than before.

"What's up, kid?" You asked, and he looked up to you, giving you the clothes and seeming to hesitate, unable to properly form his thoughts into words.

"What should I call you?" He asked, and it dawned on you that if you were adopting him, and your gender is the most confusing thing on the planet, what would he call you?

There were a lot of options, but most of the thoughts flying through your head were from when you were planning on fostering teens (those papers were still being approved, it takes a really long time because the foster system is poorly organized), and they didn't fit what Tenko needs.

So, you thought of the one name you could think of that doesn't hurt your gender and still leaves the kid a bit of the affectionate feeling he needs.

"Well, you can call me Mapa?" You offered, and the boy thought over it and finally, he smiled and nodded.