Chapter 14

Honestly, adjusting wasn't too hard. There were more authority figures in the house, you didn't have to do so much cooking, and Fuyumi wasn't the only girl in the house anymore.

Plus, it was really nice to see Tenko talking with Rei about dresses and makeup, or seeing Shouto show her his crocheting.

Sometimes you'd see Rei singing little lullabies to Hitoshi so he can sleep, or her reassuring Touya (and indirectly, Shouto) that he can still be a hero without being like his father.

You had yet to introduce Toshinori to Rei, but you figure that it'll be soon, since you've finished settling all of your things. You will be accepting new fosters soon, and you're looking forward to seeing Izuku soon, since he's been ecstatic to tell you about his new friends at school.

Tenko and Fuyumi have decided to room together, simply because it would mean their closets would be closer together and they could share clothing and accessories, which they'd done often the past few months.

Natsuo and Touya each have their own rooms, and Hitoshi and Shouto share a room. They help each other when they have nightmares.

You, of course, have your own room as well as Rei, which takes up 6 of the bedrooms. The double bed that you had in your guest room has been put in the spare room, and because Rei simply doesn't have a use for one of the offices, you've decided to make the bigger one (which honestly probably used to be a bedroom, if the closet is anything to go by) into an extra room, putting the small twin bed in it.

The littles (Hitoshi and Shouto) got the bunk beds from your old house, and the bed that was meant for Shouto's room has been moved into Natsuo's spot of his room, and his old bed has been given to Tenko.

You've taken over the smaller office, so that you have a place to keep your computer and grade all of your papers at the house without having to camp out in the living room. Everyone has full access to the basement, though it's going to be used for family movie nights and game nights primarily.

The attic is for more quiet stuff, you plan on turning it into a reading/quiet activity nook, somewhere for Hitoshi to do his drawing, Shouto to do his crocheting, and Fuyumi to read or do origami in the peace and quiet.

Since you've moved, everyone has found themselves to be well-adjusted and quite happy, so seeing Izuku was actually quite nice. You could only hope that Inko and Rei would also get along.

"Ah, Inko-chan, it's good to see you." You said, inviting her in. You've become good friends with Inko since you met her, and she insisted on less formal ways of referring to her.

"Hey there, squirt!" You turned your attention to Izuku, scooping him up from the ground and holding him up at chest-height sideways, wiggling your fingers on his sides and laughing along to his giggles.

"Ready to see everybody?" You asked enthusiastically, trying to hype things up to ignore the swelling anxiety in your gut.

Izuku led the way, running through the house aimlessly. You knew he'd want to explore it anyways, so letting him do it now while also searching for his friends and family wouldn't hurt anyone.

"Hicchan!!" Izuku squealed, finally finding his best friend and technical cousin, Hitoshi on the couch, drawing something.

"Ikkun!!" Hitoshi exclaimed once he realized that Izuku was at the house. He was even more excited at the sight of his auntie also with him.

"Auntie Inko!" He ran to hug the two of them, quickly discarding the drawing he was doing. At the sudden ruckus, most of the other kids also joined in the living room to see the two vegetable themed sweethearts in the house.