45

Claude's Calling

Claude: Hello, Clesha!

Clesha: Hi! Kababa ko lang ng train, dito na ako *laughs* Ano palang meron?

Claude: Are you now at the bridge?

Clesha: Yes

Claude: Okay. Clesha, can you follow my instructions?

Clesha: Sure, basta hindi ko ikakamatay 'yan *laughs loudly* Joke lang

*Claude laughs as well*

Claude: Diretso ka lang ng lakad sa bridge

*Clesha followed him and started walking straight on the bridge.*

Claude: Clesha, truth is... I like you. I like you ever since I saw you at the hallway with your friends three years ago, your laugh slowed my world. Your smile makes me want to smile too. Pero ang lahat palang 'yan ay walang-wala nang makilala kita ng maigi at masinsinan, you're so genuinely kind and loving as a person. After three years of admiring you, I finally mustered the courage to talk to you and greeted you on your birthday. Now I have realized that I don't like you anymore... because I now love you, Clesha.

Claude said on the phone while slowly walking to the bridge too, until the both of them are now in front of each other.

No one put their phones down.

Clesha's lips parted and wasn't able to utter a word. Claude's sudden confession surprised her as she din't saw that coming. She also didn't thought that Claude will be here, standing in front of her.

Claude smiled at her and put aside his phone. "Uhm... I know now's not the right time to tell you what I feel about you but I don't think there will be a right time anyway."

"Claude... uhm I-i don't know what to say."

Mabilis na umiling si Claude. "No... Clesha. You don't need to say anything yet and you don't have to reciprocate my affection."

"Can you give time to think about this whole thing?" Clesha asked him and he immediately nodded.

"Yes, of course." He asked, Clesha smiled shyly. "But Clesha... can you I court you?"

Ilang minuto ang tinagal bago muling nakaimik si Clesha. Masidhi niyang pinag-iisipan ang nararapat na sagot para sa tanong ni Claude, samantalang si Claude naman ay tahimik na hinihintay si Clesha na magpasya at magsalita.

"Sige, Claude." Dalawang salita, tatlong pantig ngunit tila bumuhay sa diwa ni Claude, ngiting-ngiti siyang tumingin kay Clesha na akala mo ay sinagot na siya.

"Hindi ka magsisi, Clesha. Thank you for giving me the chance to show how much I care and love you." Claude affirmed.

Tumango si Clesha at ngumiti.