3. Unwelcomed Visit

A/N: So last night, I actually said "if this book gets 30 views by the time my Physics practical exam ends, I will update this book tomorrow". My exam hadn't even started when we reached 40. Here is a bonus update, I am giving y'all the wrong perception of how quickly I update. Anyway, title suggestions for this book is welcomed, so is any critique and discussion.

Mr Hutchins had been acting strangely. In the middle of the night, he seemed to be travelling outside until he spotted Nya and Kai on the Palace roof.

When the Princess was missing, he called for assistance to search for her yet himself disappeared into one of the Palace's many secret passages. By morning, he returned with Princess Harumi, who said she had left for a walk.

The Emperor and Empress had taken her away in the throne room, a mixed of concern and anger filled their voice.

——————————————————
Locating PIXAL was simple, as shr was at work in the Monastery. However, Lloyd knew he couldn't just waltz in and take the Mask of Deception from under her nose, not without an explanation of where he had been at least... could he?

"Master Lloyd!" she said as she saw him outside. "Where have you been?"

"And when did you move out of Zane's head?" Lloyd smiled at the nindroid as she let him in. "We'll talk inside."

It had been quite awhile since he last saw the Monastery. The walls were still a pale yellow and the pillers and roof a faded red. A faint smell of ozone radiated from inside.

PIXAL looked the same as she did in her old body, with grey metal skin and purple circuits. Her eyes glowed the same bright green and she still kept her hair in a high ponytail. She was dressed in simply navy blue and black.

"Did the other Ninja know about this?" Lloyd asked.

PIXAL looked down, thinking for a while as she searched for a reply, "No... Not yet... I'm just waiting until I'm ready to tell them." She looked up, "You? What have you been up to? Why did you leave?"

The concern in her voice felt bitter in him, a taste he quickly forced himself to swallow. "I just needed some time alone."

Lloyd said down as he continued, "I've been thinking a lot while I'm gone. I met some people... and I think they've helped me figure out what I want to do. I just came here to get something then I'll be off—"

"You aren't staying?" she cut him off.

"No, I'm not. There's something I need to do before I meet the others again..." He paused. "I won't tell them about you if you don't tell them about me."

——————————————————
Evening approached and Cole stood on the lookout on the roof. From the corner of his eye, he saw Mr Hutchins. The man looked around before tapping on a stone, revealing a hidden passage. As Hutchins descended down a flight of stairs, Cole slipped in.

Stone stairs led to a mineshaft. Stone walls held by wooden frames and brightly lit with lanterns on each one. He surveyed the tunnels, eventually finding himself in a room with tens of lightbulbs filled with glowing yellow substance hung on the ceiling.

"Blast zap..." Cole said, before telling the other Ninja, "guys, we've got a big problem. Blast zap. There's blast zap. I saw a whole room full of it!"

He began running out of the passage, searching for the way back as he said, "We've got to get everyone out of here. The whole palace is rigged to explode. It was Hutchins!"

Just as Kai and Nya ran to get the royal family, explosions ran through the palace, knocking them back into the courtyard. Engines could be heard as motorcycles drove in. One of them leapt over the others, the rider laughing hysterically as she said, "What a beautiful night for a little mayhem!"