Dating (1/3) || 19

aera had some news for her brothers and she couldn't think of a better way than going all the way to seoul herself to see them in person for this. she was nervous, of course, so much that sleeping felt like a hard job at night, especially when she was supposed to board the flight the very next day.

then she should spend almost eleven awful hours on the journey, before finally landing in seoul, south korea where she knows her brothers will be surprised to see her. after all this, she will get them seated with her, knowing that the brothers would most certainly give confused glances to the boy she's going to take home with her.

kevin, kevin lee. the guy aera met in her university. he was already in his third year while aera just joined, making him a senior who loved to tug at the strings with freshers. aera happened to leave a considerably cute first impression, as she had walked into the boys' gym accidently and met kevin and his friends for the first time. not to mention all half naked.

one of the guys then told kevin that she was a fresher, which honestly made him grin in mischief as he walked over to her. he had thought, as he says now, that she'll be flustered and probably try to run away. but instead of that, aera just chuckled lightly when he asked the infamous 'like what you see?'. the laugh wasn't offensive for the boys, but made most of them frown as kevin and his friends were considered to be hot seniors every other girl wanted to hook up with. and aera had just laughed at their faces, replying to kevin that she's seen better abs. yes, she did, jungkook didn't like wearing shirt either, folks.

the boys, kevin specifically, left no opportunity to get to aera after that, trying his best to get back on the position that he owned in the eyes of rest of the college. it took a good three months, two soccer matches, five detentions and three parties for aera and kevin to get along with each other, and address each other as friends. she started hanging out with him and his friends more, saving him seats in the cafeteria, letting him be her driver sometimes and a full time pervert, but funny friend.

kevin didn't notice when he had started waiting outside aera's classes for her to get done with her lectures, escorting her from their friends when they planned hanging out together but suddenly didn't feel like it, sneaking in whiskey in his protein shake container when she felt low or missed home, stealing chances to hug her and smile when she would hold his hand or cling onto him excitedly. by the time kevin did acknowledge all of it, it was too late for him to do anything and just admitted that aera had become an important person in his life whom he never wanted to let go of.

he was in love and he knew it since the day they kissed for the first time, ironically in bathroom of their friend's house where they had all gathered because one of the group member was dating another.

not labelling their relationship or making it official for almost six months, kevin finally decided it was about time they should talk about it. aera pretended not to know, for somewhere deep inside her resided a fear of relationships failing— like she had seen in case of jungkook. but the other part of her kept yelling from inside, 'fuck it girl! just kiss the life out of him!'

and she did exactly that. the kiss first, and 'yes' second.

despite everything going fairly smooth, the tough part was yet to start as aera knew confronting her brothers about it wouldn't be easy. she groans in frustration, turning around in her bed for the millionth time and sits up, heaving out a deep breath laboured with anxeity and fear.

aera gets up from the bed, doing her hair up in a messy bun and walks to the kitchen, wrapping her arms around herself as she sits on the stool quietly. "ri? are you asleep? i just forgot my— oh you're up," it's kevin walking in from the front door of her apartment and grins at her sheepishly, "i forgot my wallet here. andrew paid for me, but i just thought i should take it before leaving,"