009 fine dinning

CHAPTER NINE

Fine dinning

Fine dinning

     Every Sunday - well, nearly every Sunday - the Luhrmann's host a dinner party for the honorary Luhrmann's, Mary and Venus

     Every Sunday - well, nearly every Sunday - the Luhrmann's host a dinner party for the honorary Luhrmann's, Mary and Venus. Only the past few weeks had they missed the Friday dinner due to another great gig and 'family' plans with Venus and Adonis. Catherine cooked the greatest roast dinner and served the most delicious foreign wine that Mary couldn't even pronounce. Venus adored both of Baz's kids since they were always willing to play with her outside and play hide and seek around the grand house.

     Despite the tension that still lingered between Baz and Mary, they telepathically agreed to maintain their silence throughout the dinner, only ever speaking to each-other when Mary arrived. Mary still believed that she had nothing to apologise for and kept telling herself that how she spent her personal time was none of his business. It was painfully obvious that the father-daughter duo had some unresolved business that desperately needed to be sorted due to the nearing months that they began filming.

     So far, dinner had been going perfectly fine. Venus was happy with her squash, Lily and William hadn't gone a second arguing, Baz and Mary remained calm and slightly awkward and Catherine sipped her wine graciously as she watched the image in-front of her.

     Though of course, a Luhrmann dinner wasn't a Luhrmann dinner without some quarrel or petty fight.

     Lily swallowed her food and placed down her utensils, turning her body towards her father to speak, "Hey Dad, when are you going to start filming for Elvis? And have you even got an Elvis to start filming with?" Lily giggled slightly at the end before she took a large sip of her beer, that she somehow managed to snag from her dad.

     Mary didn't miss the way his back straightened or the way his eyes snapped over to Mary momentarily, "Well, we start filming the beginning of January and yes, Lil, we've got our Elvis and he's perfect."

     What the fuck, "January? What the fuck, "We start filming in January, a month away, and you haven't even told me? You haven't gave me my script, my scenes, my anything? And Elvis? Who's my Elvis gonna be? Why - Why haven't you told me any of this!"