Ours

Wherein things are really out of their control.

+++++

Regina looked at the time on her bedside table and she can't help but chuckle.

"3 a.m and I am still freaking awake."

More than a year ago, she used to be asleep and only randomly wake up to pee or to hug someone next to her.

She looked at the space beside her, it's now empty.

"how on earth did this happen?" she asks to no one.

Regina decided to reach for her phone, fingers seemed to know what to touch and where to bring her.

Her heart ached as soon as her thumb found it's way to an app. As soon as she opened it, her thumb found it's way once again to someone's account.

Her tweet. She's with him.

"It's been a year. I am genuinely happy for you, but it doesn't mean I'm healed already." she spoke as she exits the app.

Now looking through something else.

Her text messages.

Narda

Regina? punta ako jan sa office mo mamaya after ng work ko ha? may pinadala si lola na food, sabay tayo mag lunch :)

Narda

Regina? Miss na kita :(

Narda

Regina, I love you :)

She smiled upon re-reading everything. Her eyes seemed to know what not to read.

"you were so in love with me Narda." she said as she sighed.

She decided to exit the messages and instead her fingers found their way to her gallery and to one particular album.

Their photos.

"we were so happy."

She closed her eyes, recalling their memories together.

She felt her cheeks wet with her own tears.

"how is it you fell out of love? I saw you drifting away from me and I tried to stop that from happening.." she spoke as if she's seeing the girl in front of her.

"but it wasn't enough." she spoke as she cries harder.

"you chose for us instead." she added, trying her best not to have another breakdown.

She should also be able to move on now, right? Like, Narda finally found the person she's going to spend her entire life with.

The life they used to dream of having, together.

"my love wasn't enough to keep you from drifting away, Narda."

She so damn hope she'll also find herself healed from the pain.

But then again, she knows that even when she's already healed...she won't be able to unlove the person who made her know how loving someone truly means.

She won't be able to unlove Narda.

+++++

End.

NOTE: sorry.

I wrote a long comment/quote tweet on one of the one shots na ginawa nung isang darlentina writer sa twitter and I can't help but be emotional about what I wrote lols. So I did this.

I apologize for breaking the happy endings I always do sa Darlentina.

Good morning everyone and God bless :)