The one where more women die

Penelope pov

When i got the word that Mark had stayed a prime suspect even after i could prove that he was at the hopsital, under survailance at the time of every murder. Plus... another woman got killed just an hour ago, while he was in custody. Plus again... he doesn't fit the profile except for being caucasion and in his 40s. I walk towards the conference room where the board is, only to be met by a group of people yelling at Emily. No you.

"Penelope, please tell me you know what's happening" Lexie says, coming straight up to me and grabbing my hands.

"Where's Y/n?" is all i can ask as worry filles me. You promised you'd stay here, but your not here. Meaning something happened that caused you to leave.

"Garcia, answer her question first, i want to know what's happening out there" Emily says even though i can see in her eyes that she wants to answer my question as well.

"Another woman was found an hour ago" i answer and Emily gets that it means that the spree has officially started.

"Then why haven't they realised Mark yet? If another woman's been killed and he's been here in custody" asks Derek this time and stands up.

"I don't know, i even found footage of him being in the hospital at every murder. Hotch is talking with Detective Gordan now, trying to get something to happen" i look at Lexie as i answer the questions.

"She went out to Morgan, somewhere." Emily answers my first question with a weak smile. But her gaze tells me how close to breaking you were before you wondered out.

"Thanks" i say to her and then meet Lexie's gaze once again. I can see in them that she's regretting something.

"Can you tell her i'm sorry" she says in a hushed tone so that only i can hear it. Either she did something she regretted or she regrets doing something.

"I will. But Lexie, if anyone can figure this one out it's y/n, i promise you that" i say and i can see that it's something she already knows. But she just gives me a little nod before she goes back to her seat and i go out of the room to find Morgan. And i find him easily as he's standing guard outside of another conference room.

"She's okay, Mark's in there with her" Morgan stops me at the door, sensing my worry.

"What happened?" even though i have a pretty good idea that the wall you've built up, started falling apart when you had to make the choice to arrest him.

"I think she's suffering from anxiety. She was probably diagnosed when she was a kid or not at all, chances are that it was really bad when she was younger and that Mark was there for her during that time. She knew directly what would help" he answers and that's not what i initially thought. I mean, i knew you've had panic attacks, we all have them sometime. But i didn't know there was a chance that you were diagnosed. An officer comes up to us before i can say something.

"Another body was found, still burning. She's in the hospital now but it doesn't look like she'll make it"

"He was interrupted, that's not good" Morgan says and even i can see that. When an Unsub is interrupted he'll look for something faster and more can die due to rash decisions. The officer goes back to his work and he turns around to knock on the door. "Sloan, we got problem"

"I'll be out in a minute" i hear your voice and that it's a little horse, like after you've cried. And i stay there, even though i should check on other things right now. I need to see you. A few seconds later, you open the door and there is no indication in your face that you've cried. Nothing. It almost scares me. And Mark is holding your hand.

"He needs to get back into interrogations and we've got another body" Morgan says and you let out a breath before talking.

"Take him back and get Emily, i've got an idea" you say to Morgan and he does just that. "Penelope, can you get a computer in here and connect it to the camera inside that interrogation room? Also a file on everyone of our victims" this time the words are to me but i can't breath myself now and you can see that. "Penelope... we need to focus here, i'm okay, we're okay. But right now i need your help to free my brother and then i promise you that we'll take a day off and spend it together, we can cook, go to a movie or a theatre. Whatever you want"

"Okay, i'll get right on it. I love you" i just need to hear you say it, just once before we go back to work.

"I love you too, now and forever"

"Next to creating a life the finest thing a man can do is save one" Abraham Lincoln