Chapter 12: Beginning to Notice

There were some things that since the night I've given Toby my t-shirt I took note of. For one, he had been avoiding me a bit more than usual. Sure, he probably knew I would pester him about needing to train and all, however even if I didn't pester him about that kind of stuff he'd still walk away.

Of course at first I didn't care. I mean, I had better things to do. Plus with Toby avoiding me and me usually being around Slender, that meant Toby was also (technically) avoiding him as well, meaning he couldn't replace me. That was simply one less problem that pierced my mind constantly at least.

Though after a while of thinking about it, he did have to go on missions and such sooner or later. And without the proper mentoring, he'd be as good as dead. This in mind and knowing that I was the bigger man, I decided to go to his room.

Walking down the hall to his room, I knocked on the door and balled my hand into a fist as I hissed. I never took note of how rotten the wood of his door was and how many splinters you'd be able to get just by knocking. "Great. That's just magnificent," I sarcastically remarked as I looked at a splinter that had gotten into my knuckle. Rolling my eye, I opened the door and looked it. The room was disorganized to say the least. There were empty and crushed cans of soda everywhere, a bag of half-eaten potato chips and a few more things scattered here and there. Frowning, I picked up a few things completely disregarding that Toby was asleep on his bed..STILL wearing my shirt. Raising a brow, I shook it off and assumed he didn't have much to wear which was probably true. However this assumption was quickly proven wrong when I looked in his closet and saw a variety of clothes in there- ones that Slender provides any new proxy. Walking over to Toby's side, I crossed my arms and cleared my throat. "Ahem." I grunted as I poked his forehead gently. He had winced a bit and turned over, still very much asleep. Checking my watch to check the time, I sighed a bit and sat beside him on the bed. "Toby, you're very lucky. Training starts at 7:30 but I'll let you sleep in just a few more minutes."

Staring at the ceiling waiting for it to maybe be around 7:40 or so, I took note that Toby had a small smile on his face, one I hadn't noticed before. Looking over him, I smiled a bit for I've never seen him smile before- even if it was just a small one.

"..nice...smell.."

Narrator POV

Masky jumped up quickly from the bed and dusted himself off, clearing his throat and standing up straight. "I wasn't on the bed, I swear," he stated before looking over to see he was still asleep. Feeling stupid for being startled, he took his seat again and sighed. Chuckling a bit, he asked: "What smells nice?" Of course not expecting a response.

"...you do.." The sleeping proxy responded. Blushing slightly, Masky scratched his head and petted Toby. "Get some sleep, sport." Leaving the room, he gently closed the door and went back to his duties.

Opening his eyes slowly, Toby stretched and yawned as he sat up. Looking around the room, he took note that his room was significantly cleaner and desk was more organized.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Author's Note
Ah I'm so sorry for the super late update, as usual I'm pretty busy with school and all. However summers coming up so yay I'll have more time to update ! Thank you all for the nice comments, there what want me to update💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕