October 2022: Shades Of Love

Shades Of Love by Sweety197

Before we start the interview, let's get to know Sweety197

Well, to begin with, I'm a degree college student with lots of stuff running wild all day long in my head. But amongst all this chaos, there's this small heart thriving only because it can write and express itself through words and verses.

I belong to Bharat or call it India. Along with writing, I'm also very passionate about singing. Talking about my personality, I think I'm rational, intellectual and yeah people keep calling me cute ;)

I love to sit alone in dark after everyone's fallen asleep. Not to think upon what I did in past and regret but to calm down and remind myself that I'm so precious to so many people and first to my own inner soul. You know that's the best way you can help yourself trust me.

About writing, I'm a dictionary reader. I developed this habit of reading new and fancy words from dictionary in my free time which has helped me a lot in developing my writing skills and enhancing my vocabulary.

I write only when it pleases me and that means in two ways. First, when my spirits are too high to sit idly in one place and second when my mood is actually calm, relaxing or just sad to the core.

I don't like partying or going on a tour instead a set of headphone or a paper-pen would please me a lot.

1. How did you come up with idea of this book?

So it was another day at school in 10th grade when I was sitting by the window with a pen in hand and a paper ofcourse, waiting for the teacher to come. But the lecture was cancelled so my imagination just got piqued looking at the sunlight glistening my face and scattering over the paper. I decided to write something. And it was pretty amazing how I wrote a couple of lines and it ryhmed! That's where I keep writing until I'm actually not bothered about the teacher entering the class and leaving XD. That's when I wrote the first poem of my collection.

I actually wrote a lot of poems in the back of my school diary. One cozy day, I felt this inclination to share them with others. I was also inspired by other writers here on Wattpad. The stories I read here, the poetry collection which gave me peace everything contributed to it.

Shades of Love is a romantic yet teaching life-lessons kind of poem collection. I'm not afraid to say that it was some cute and  naive romantic part of me urging me to write all those poems. I actually wanted to live the life of a girl (the protagonist) who fell so deeply in love with a stranger. At a point, even I became curious about what would happen next and how shall I be concluding it.