xxxi

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter thirty-onethink I know where you belong (think I know it's with me)

chapter thirty-one
think I know where you
belong (think I know it's
with me)

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

THE DAY OF the All Valley came quick after prom, and Alyssa could officially say she was nervous.

It was now or never. This was their chance to take Cobra Kai down, to stop the massive wave of hatred that swept through the Valley. And now, standing behind a curtain waiting to be called, a gi adorning her body and her pink hair tied back into French braids that went into pigtails, it all felt so real.

Alyssa's only source of comfort at the moment was Eli to her right and Sam to her left. Eli was in the midst of a quiet conversation with Demetri, but his presence was in the front of her mind. Their night together was still fresh in her mind, and after it, they had practically become inseparable. It was almost like by crossing that line in their relationship, they had become even closer.

"You look glowy," Sam told her, snapping Alyssa out of her thoughts.

Alyssa raised an eyebrow. "Glowy?"

"Yeah. Ever since prom, something's been different about you. What's up?"

Okay, so maybe Alyssa hadn't told Sam about what happened. Trust her, she wanted to, but Sam hadn't had the best experience at prom. With Tory and Robby there, her and Miguel had been nothing less than rocky. Alyssa didn't want to tell Sam about her romance-filled night to make her feel worse.

"Hawk," Sam called, making Alyssa blink. "Don't you think Ally is glowing like a ray of sunshine lately?"

Eli glanced at her, and she glared when she saw the smirk on his face — he knew it was from him. "Oh, absolutely. What's going on with you?"

"I hate you both," Alyssa mumbled.

"That's—"

"Finish that sentence and I'm body-slamming you on that mat even though we're on the same team, you motherfucker."

"Ally," Sensei LaRusso lightly scolded.

She sighed. "Sorry. I'm a little on edge."

Before he could say anything else, the crowd cheered loudly from outside. Alyssa snuck a glance at the wall. It was time.