That Tuesday

Tuesday

After Draco left, Hermione lay back in bed, pulling his pillow to her face, and   fell asleep instantly, not giving a second thought to the fact she should be up and getting ready to go to work.

When she finally woke up, near eleven a.m., Hermione had an early lunch and only then got ready for work.

She walked into her office at the Ministry half past noon and let her assistant, Victoria, know she had arrived through the floo and was available to work on whatever was necessary.

As Hermione sat in her office alone, she couldn’t stop her mind from replaying all that had happened the previous night – from Draco’s first visit to the second to the both of them falling in bed.

He had apologized, and she partially understood his actions – emphasis on partially – but she was finding it hard to shake off the belief that Draco had preferred their hidden status for he was ashamed of her blood-status.

Did she still love him? Of course!

Did she feel she could stand proudly beside him? No.

As she was lost in her musings, her office door was opened and Hermione was surprised to see it wasn’t Vicky.

“Good morning, Pansy.”

“Do you mean good afternoon?” Pansy arched an eyebrow.

Hermione blushed, “Yes. Sorry. Good afternoon, Pansy.”

“Hmm.” The beautifully dressed, short-haired witch smiled. “I believe for some of us it is a good afternoon. Are you wearing a concealer charm?”

“What? Oh I bumped against a cabinet door this morning.” Hermione touched right over one of the hidden bite-marks she had on her neck.

Pansy snorted loudly. “Sure, Hermione. Sure. Cause you’re tall enough to hit your kitchen cabinet doors with the curve of your neck... Anyway, I just came by to check on you and the babies. I was worried when you didn’t show up this morning.”

“We are all fine, Pans. I just overslept.”

“All right then.” Her dark eyes showing she could pretty much guess what had happened to cause her to oversleep. “I’ll be going now.” She turned to the door.

“Pansy, wait.” Hermione looked a bit uncertain as she spoke. “You’ll find my next question weird, but I need to know: what happened at the Yule Ball?”

A frown marred Pansy’s face at the unexpected question but it soon turned into a smirk. “So... you heard about that eh?”

Hermione nodded, “I was told to never ask you about it.”

Pansy laughed and sat on the chair in front of her desk, “Oh, well, lucky for you I’m all for sharing friends' embarrassing situations.” She crossed her legs and looked at Hermione. “As you know, Draco and I were dating at the time, so we went to the Ball together. He was excited to go, but something changed in his demeanour as soon as the Champions walked in. And then he wouldn’t shut up about how stupid Krum was – which was weird, for just that afternoon he worshipped the guy.” She smiled. “It took me a few minutes to realize it was because of you. He saw you walking in with Krum and he changed. We ended up leaving the Great Hall early and as soon as we were alone in the Room of Requirement, Draco asked me to curl up my hair and suck him off. Guess whose name he moaned when he came?”

Hermione blushed.

Pansy looked at her with a concerned expression, “Look, I don’t know what happened last night but... is he forgiven?”