Out On the Town

Despite the sun having set hours ago the city of Shibuya was full of bright lights and people bustling around from one place to another. Some were on their way back home after a long day at work and others were looking for a fun night out on the town. "Let me drive, you're going the wrong way!" "How do you know which way to go you've never been to the real world before?!" "What's the difference?! I've never driven a car before either." "Well, it's my first time too." Two voices shouted back and forth at one another. They belonged to two odd-looking creatures sitting atop a black car, one a humanoid with a body made of gray rocks, yellow eyes, and two rocks on its head resembling bear ears. The other appearing as a plush toy with a surreal jack-o-lantern for a head that has an axe stuck in it. The two creatures laughed merrily as the car pulled to a stop at an intersection watching the people cross in front of them. 

"Woah, check 'em out!" The rock creature gasped. "EW! So these are city people in the real world, they don't look like much fun." The pumpkin creature commented. "Well, Pumpkinmon you're the right guy to teach them what fun really is. You are without a doubt the most rockin' creature to ever have a pumpkin for a head. Remember, chicks dig evil Digimon. At least that's what I keep telling myself anyway." The rock creature stated addressing his companion. "Gotsumon, you are the Mon, we're gonna' have such a blast here in the real world. They might even name a building after you, The Gotsumonument, where they keep all the party supplies." Pumpkinmon replied as the two got into a jumping stance. "Three, two, one!" "Blast off!" Gotsumon and Pumpkinmon shouted aloud as the two leaped from the car and into the hustle and bustle of the city.

"How much longer Matt?" "Relax T.K., you're almost home," Matt assured his brother as they rode together in a subway car. The desolate car only seemed to add to the growing silence between the two brothers as a voice sounded above. "Matt and T.K.'s mom and dad aren't together anymore, Patamon. So even though they're brothers they don't live together." Tsunomon explained as he and Patamon watched Matt and T.K.'s reflections from the luggage compartment above. "So T.K. lives with their mom and Matt lives with their dad? That explains why they try so hard to stay together all the time." Patamon replied. T.K glanced down at his digivice which read 7:07:13 Pm before glancing at his brother. "It sure is late." T.K. offered as Matt replied indifferently. "Yeah, so?"

"The next stop is good enough." "No, I'm going to take you all the way home, little brother." "You don't have to." "I know I don't have to but I'm going to okay? I've got my reasons." "What reasons?" "You're my brother." "Thanks, Matt," T.K. replied as a sigh sounded from above. "Ah, nothing like sweet brotherly love." Patamon cooed. "That's a digimouthful," Tsunomon commented. "We like when you guys get mushy," Patamon stated. "Hey, quit it!" T.K. shouted at his partner. "Easy, T.K." Matt scolded. "You don't have to be mean about it, I thought what you guys said-" "Mind your own beeswax. Why are you listening to our conversation anyway?" T.K. cut Patamon off as he leaped from his seat to continue yelling.

"Fine! You don't want me around, I'll leave." Patamon replied as the train pulled into the next station. "Look Mommy it's the train." "Yes, dear. Now listen, you have to hold my hand." "Bill!" "Come on!" Voices accompanied the opening doors as Patamon flew out the opening doors. "I know when I'm not wanted!" Patamon exclaimed with Matt and Tsunomon chasing him. "Patamon don't-! Huh?" Matt froze as he turned to T.K. who was still by the seat. "Patamon got off the train, T.K. Don't you want to go after him?" Matt asked as T.K. kept his back to them. "Who cares about him?" The boy snapped refusing to move. "I think you care about him." "Don't you?" Tsunomon and Matt asked as T.K. remained silent. "T.K.?" Tsunomon questioned as the doors let out a hissing sound.

"Better decide, T.K. the door is closing," Matt stated as T.K. gasped and ran off the train. "Where'd he go?" T.K. asked looking around the desolate platform. "And where are we?" Tsunomon asked as the trio looked around confused. "Seems like we've been walking around for hours." T.K. sighed as the group walked around Shibuya. "Yeah, I'm tired and I don't even have any feet or legs." Tsunomon agreed. "You shouldn't have yelled at him like that T.K." Matt began as his little brother pouted at the ground. "Hey, it's not my fault." "Well, actually, it is," Matt replied. "Well, I'm really sorry." T.K. apologized as Matt nodded. "I understand T.K. I know you didn't mean to hurt his feelings." Matt replied. "Well, I thought he was making fun of us." "No way, dude. You know Patamon better than that." Matt told his brother as Tsunomon glanced around the area. "Hey, why don't we try looking over there?" Tsunomon offered.