43

"I am sorry to hear about your broomstick

"I am sorry to hear about your broomstick. Is there no chance of fixing it?" Remus asks the fullmoon was okay for him but still hurt so he is now matching Edith's limp both of their bones aching.

"No." Harry says looking down sadly.

"Don't worry you can borrow my Firebolt until I buy you another broom in the summer." Edith says absent mindedly. 

"What?" Asks Harry looking at her wide eyes.

"I think James would have an actual have a fit if he knew I let his son ride one of those old Hogwarts brooms made before even I was born." She says with a laugh.

"That he would." Agrees Remus with a smile.

"Why do the Dementors effect me like that? I mean. More than everyone else?" Harry asks looking between Remus and Edith.

"Listen. Dementors are some of the foulest creatures to walk this earth they feed on every good feeling, every happy memory, until the person is left with nothing but his worst experiences." Remus explains.

"You are not weak. The dementors effect you most of all because there are true horrors in your past. Horrors that your classmates can scarcely imagine." Edith assures placing a hand on Harry's shoulder partly for support partly to comfort Harry.

"I am Scared Remus, Aunt Edith." Harry says.

"Well I could say you were a fool if you weren't." Remus replies awkwardly walking up a step.

"I need to know how to fight them, you both could teach me, you made that dementor on the train go away." Harry says looking expectantly at Remus.

"It was only one that night." Remus says as if it was obvious.

"But you both made it go away." Harry says once again.

"I am no expert in Patronus Casting, Harry, but Edith is, she learnt to cast a Patronus in third year." Remus says causing Harry to look at Edith eagerly.

"Fine, but after the break." She says drawing her wand and muttering 'Expecto patronum'. The three watch as the blue dog dances across the surface of the black lake "For now me and Remus should rest."

***

"You know you were quite good at the whole parenting thing we did back there." Remus says as they take their coats of to relax in their chairs in the shared lounge.

"I guess I did alright, but you know Padfoot would be better at it, he always wanted children and was overjoyed when me and him were called Godparents." Edith sighs. "He would be better at it."

"Oh Blue," Says Remus giving the girl a hug "it is okay, the old Sirius wouldn't want you to cry over the memory. He would have wanted you to laugh and smile."

"What if he hasn't gone crazy, what is the dementors haven't drove him mad? What if he is still our Sirius?" Asks Edith hints of hope in his voice.

"And what if he is not? What if he is spiteful and cold hearted. Do you really want to risk your life to find out?" Remus asks the girl.

"Yes." Edith replies causing the werewolves' eyes to widen "Because it is him, it was forever and it cannot hurt to try."

"If you want to do this Edie, I cannot stop you." Remus sighs "But only join you, he was my best friend as well you know. When we find out where he is we will go down to talk to him."

***

The winter passes by and the students return to Hogwarts as well as Harry's lessons starts.

"Harry, you are already here." Says Edith smiling and hugging the boy as she hasn't seen him all winter and her and Remus decided to go home for the break.

"Are you sure about this Harry?" Asks Remus looking over at the pair "This is very, very advanced magic far beyond the ordinary wizarding level."

"I am Sure." Harry replies his face deadly serious.

"Ok well, I have prepared everything." He says walking down the steps.

"Ok well a bit about the Patronus charm, I have only read the books and can create a small one as well you have seen Edith's animal. It can work as a shield from a dementor." Remus explains.

"In order for this to work you need to think of a powerful memory, a very happy memory." Edith says pacing around Harry who closes his eyes to concentrait.

"Lose yourself in your memory." Lupin speaks "And speak the incantation expecto patronum."

"Expecto Patronum." Harry speaks.

"Very good." replies Remus.

"Wand at the ready." Edith says as she opens the case.

The dementor comes out of the case it's frail hands reaching out to grab Harry.

"Expecto Patronus." he says firmly but then his eyes go droopy "Expecto...Expect..." and he faints.

Edith and Remus and quick to run over. It wasn't long until he woke up.

"That was one nasty dementor" he says holding his head.

"No..no..no the real thing would be much worse." Remus says as Edith rolls her eyes.

"What were you thinking?" Asks Edith concern in her face.

"The first time I road a broom." He says.

"That is not good enough, not nearly good enough." Remus sighs "Edith tell Harry what you think about?"

"Me, with your dad, Remus and the rest of our gang, the last prank at Hogwarts before we graduated." Edith says.

 "There is another, it is not happy exactly, but it is the most happiest I have felt." Harry says.

"Is it strong?" Remus asks and Harry nods. "Then lets give it another try."

"Just do it." Harry says more confident than before his stance perfect. The dementor boggart rises out of the case.

"Expecto patronum!" Speaks Harry loudly. "EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!" He shouts nothing happens for a second and then a white light ejects from the tip of his wand bathing the dementor in it and pushing it back into the case.

Edith smiles and clasps she couldn't be more proud and Remus laughs. Remus hands Harry some chocolate as Edith rolls his eyes.

"Just so you know Harry, I think you would have given James a run for his money." Edith says ruffling the boys head.

"And that is saying something." Remus say sitting beside Harry.

"I was thinking of him, mum and you Aunt Edith seeing all of your faces. You were talking to me, we were in our house and you three were crouched over me just talking. That is the memory I chose. I am not sure if it was real, but it is the best I have." Harry smiles.