019 - MIA

Sitting down at the table, Lucy transfers all of the data while she watches the two of us, "Data servers?"

"Gone."

"Good," she nods, "Been stealing a lot of Militech data by hijacking their data streams and now we have that info to use for jobs - you will be the first I let know if I learn something that you could run with your crew."

I shake my head, "Will let you know."

"Oh I know," she chuckles, "You hate fixers," but then pointing to Lucy, "But a soft spot for netrunners?"

Lifting myself, "Pleasure doing biz-"

She then stops me, "Sit. Something I need to tell you - she needs to go though."

I look at her as she whispers to me, "I'll be outside."

Then flashing her a quick smile she then props up her arm resting her face into her fist, "Cute seeing you of all people have a little shadow - can't possibly think what she saw in fodder like you, must be the cockroach mentality where you just refuse to die when you should have."

"You done?"

"Just admiring you," she then hands over a shard, "Consider this a gift from me - a little lead on your vengeance trip."

"How-"

"I am supposed to know things," she then gestures with her head for me to leave, "A little bonus along with the Eddies. Hope to see you work for me again."

"We will see," I lift myself and head straight outside to meet up with Lucy.

I step outside to see her instantly light up as I walk towards her, "That was quick."

I nod, "Someone asked for me," I show her the shard, "It has something to do with my whole trying to tie that one loose end," she instantly furrows her brow as I state, "I still want to follow up on it but-"

"You can go," she sighs, "Just meeting someone, right?"

"Promise," I state.

She then steps closer to me giving me a tight hug, "You are really going out of your way making me worry - you know that right?" then stepping away, "But I know you can handle yourself, so just come back to me when you are done."

I then state, "Take the bike," I smile at her.

"You sure?"

"Always - I'll meet with them and I will be back with the rest of you. Trams are pretty cheap just don't move around too much otherwise it would be hard to track the signal on the bike."

"I'll come and get you."

"That works too," I step closer giving her a quick kiss, "Won't be long - make sure they don't start thinking I abandoned them."

She stays silent, still not exactly happy about it - I would have asked for her to come with but this person asking for me is going under an alias that I recognise... someone that ghosted a long time ago.

Asking to meet me on my lonesome at some dive in Watson. What do you want from me? Why now of all?

I then hand her the shard, "Can see it for yourself."

She nods holding onto it and then climbs on the bike she drives away while I walk away from Afterlife to find this person I am looking for. Digging my hands in my pockets I notice a ruckus going down in the streets.

I stick closer to the walls so as to not get run over by some gangoon's fucking hit-and-run job. Turning into the next corner I walk through a shortcut with a lot of people using the same path as me.

Helps knowing about the Watson and Heywood area from walking around in it forever. In my walk towards this dive, I have this gnawing feeling that something feels incredibly off with the atmosphere.

Two of these gonks have scanned me three times now - the notification pops up every twenty seconds. I spin around pulling my iron on the first one and shoot him where he stands - the body drops dead with the other tackling me to the ground.

I transfer my gun shooting him in the gut as I roll out from underneath him, "Fuckers are getting stupider and stupider-" my words are cut off as I feel my system seize up - my vision flickers with multiple errors popping up and I drop to the side like I was just shot.

Still conscious, my senses are dumbed down not being able to make out anything around me. Finally... nothing.

*** Lucy POV ***

"Is he going to show up at all?" David asks me, "It's been like half an hour already."

Maine then states, "What did he go to do anyway?"

I slot in the shard to see that it is a meetup with someone going by an alias - claiming that they know who (Y/N) is and... using the name Killer to talk with them? Someone that didn't die from back then?

"He should be fine," I wasn't going to keep checking up on him but their questions are just filling me with anxiety, I then try to call him, waiting like always to see if he answers it at all, "He isn't responding?" I furrow my brow as I state to them with a confused tone.

"I can try," David tries only for it to fail after the full tune plays.

I pull out my tablet opening a sat-map to lock onto the trackers I placed on him.

"Since when did he have a tracker on him?" Maine asks me.

"Since a couple of minutes ago," I slotted one in just in case, even placed one on his biomon but the one that I slotted in isn't responding at all - the biomon is just static in one place, I feel my worry slowly creep into my being.

Biting at my thumb I watch carefully, refreshing the map only to see it drop off from the map completely - my heart sinks into my stomach as I instantly lift myself, "He dropped off of the map."

Maine then watches me with a serious expression, "Where?"

"Watson," I mark the place as I then shake my head, "I... this signature is minutes old they could be anywhere-"

He then lifts himself, "Our Ghost has dropped off of the grid," everyone looks at him, "Might have a scav hunt on our hands."

Kiwi then crosses her arms, "Can't hide a signature that easily - will see if I can drop into the net and find anything to trace me back to him."

I lift my hand to my neck, as I curse myself for thinking that it would be okay to just let that happen. My heart is beating uncontrollably, I hold my stare on the signature before I feel someone's touch break me out of my trance.

"We need to go now," David gestures for me as I see everyone is already mobilizing.

"Get Becca and Pilar on the horn," Dorio states, "Let them start searching the abandoned apartments near them - they can't hide in the city forever."

The problem is not hiding - the problem is not making it in time. If they are scavs... they don't work slowly...

Digging my nails into my palms.

Please... just be fine.