·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ 🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 16 - 🄽🄾🅁🅂🄴 🄼🅈🅃🄷🄾🄻🄾🄶🅈 ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

He turned around to leave but stopped one more time. "But I'm watching you. And Stark." Tony looked at him. "Find that file."

-~:~-

Over the next few days, everything went back to the new normal and you were starting to get used to living at the Avengers Compound with people of all kinds all around you. It was almost comforting, in a way. Just a bunch of misfits going about their day and coming together for meals, making them... fit.

You also enjoyed seeing Peter, as he dropped by every three or four days or so. It was nice to have a more familiar presence around even though you were quickly making friends among the avengers, too.

"Hey, guess what we learned today," Peter said, cheery as usual, and plopped down next to you on the couch.

"No idea," you drawled, bored out of your mind.

"Well, in history we learned about different types of mythologies," your friend smiled, drawing your attention away from the window and to the topic. "You wouldn't believe how many there are. Like, there's Roman, Greek, Japanese - which is super creepy by the way - and many, many more." He dropped his history textbook on the table along with a few other books. "Oh, and Norse."

"Norse?" You questioned the topic because he made such a dramatic pause after it.

"Yeah," he nodded. "Look at this." He handed you a book. It was, to no surprise, about Norse mythology.

You flopped through the pages until a familiar bunch of names made you stop. Thor, Loki... What? "Peter, what's this?" you asked, gesturing vaguely at the book.

"Yeah, turns out that there's a bunch of legends about them," Peter nodded along. "I find it super weird, though. It says here a bunch of stuff about Thor having four half-siblings and being married and having kids. It's almost the same with Loki."

"I heard my name." The voice came from the door. "What are you earthlings talking about?"

"You're in a book," you snorted, "it's ridiculously incorrect."

"Show me," Loki demanded, reaching his hand out as he came nearer.

Once again, for who knows what time in the week you had known the guy, the big magic-blocking shackles around his wrists caught your gaze as you handed the book over without saying a word. They disturbed you - of course they didn't match with anything Loki was wearing, but it also seemed wrong to make someone wear anything like that. Something that basically ripped off a part of their identity.

Loki huffed, flopping through the pages just like you had done a few minutes prior. "This is ridiculous. Who came up with the fact that I gave birth to a wolf? I'm baffled."

You shrugged, taking the book back. "Maybe it's not all wrong." You glanced at Loki's frown before explaining. "I mean, the names are right, no?"

Loki rolled his eyes. "I guess."