21

«Fiona!» he exclaimed exited. «What are you doing in Las Vegas?» His voice always sounded like honey to her ears.
A quick hug, to not leave any feelings, was given.
She smiled at the sight of him. «Oh, it's for a job,» she started explaining. «I saw there would have been an Arctic Monkeys concert... so I came hoping to see you.»
Alex wasn't sure if for "you" she meant just him or the whole band, but he liked to think she meant just him.
In two years, Alex didn't really change, except that his quiff completely disappeared, being slicked back. Fiona on the other hand, drastically cut her hair, it wasn't long anymore, it was shoulder length; although the first thing Alex noticed about her, was that she was more peaceful and less stressed.

Arctic Monkeys' fifth studio album was out and so they were already touring, it was almost the end of it. Fiona and Alex split up just a year after their reunion, but decided to remain friends, their lives were too different to be merged together.
Fiona's smile slowly faded when a tall and brunette girl arrived to Alex's side. «This is Arielle,» he said. «Arielle, this is Fiona.»
The two girls shook hands and the situation started to be awkward.
«We saw the trailer of the movie.» Arielle said.
She seemed like a sweet and happy girl, Fiona didn't know if Alex told her about their relationship or not.
«Yeah,» Alex nodded with a sweet smile. «you were great.»
«Thanks,» Fiona softly smiled. «it's all thanks to you, I wouldn't have left my job to pursuit this career.» By the begging of the new try of their relationship, Alex kept telling her to quit her job and start doing some auditions; it didn't take much to find a production that needed her. «I'm here for another project, this time I'm gonna play the main character.»
«That's great,» Alex said, truly happy for her. «I can't wait to see it then.»

Two years, two years from when Alex and Fiona split apart; her life completely changed, whilst Alex's kept leading the same way.
They tried many times, but their love wouldn't compensate for the opposite lives they always had, they just had accept it.
Alex was the first love Fiona would have told about to her kids and grandkids, the first guy that ever made her feel happy and loved and even if they couldn't be together, living happily ever after, they remained friends, giving each other looks of sadness, knowing that their sounds belonged to each other, but not in that universe.
Fiona acted in many plays through her life, but only at the age of twenty eight, she had to accepted that life wasn't always a comedy, but that also tragedies existed, and her story with Alex was one of them.