🍂

bound 2 - kanye west
    0:01 ❍─────── 3:33
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
volume: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

———————-
nicks eyes darted up, blue meeting blue. the brunette stood to the side of him, looking as if he had something on his mind. nick blankly stared back, waiting for a question to be asked.

"can i ask you something?" the brunettes voice broke the silence between them.

"go for it." nick encouraged.

"you weren't here to watch practice for fun we're you? i mean, you were here for someone, yeah?"

nick nodded, which karl assumed meant he could continue on.

"okay so, if you don't mind me asking, who for? it's just.. usually the team doesn't shut up if their boyfriends are coming to practice but, no one mentioned you?"

oh. nick understood now. "well, if you want me to be blunt, i just stayed because i saw you." nick shrugged the statement off, like it was casual for him to do such a thing.

    the brunette's face flushed with a rose tint. "you're here.. for me? i mean, you don't even know my name." the brunette stared at nick, actually taking him in this time. nick had a lean build and a decently tall frame. his lips were a soft shade of pink and he had grey-blue eyes paired with raven hair. he was nothing short of attractive, that was for sure.

   "uhm, yeah, you could put it that way. i'm
nick, by the way." he smiled lightly.

  "i'm karl. well, i have to get ready and that but, we could do something after?" karl offered, his voice cautiously transitioning from word to word, not wanting to screw this up for himself.

  "yeah, i would love that. i have a party to be at in a little actually, you could be my plus one?" nick asked, hoping the mention of a high school party didn't scare karl to bad. based off nicks assumption, he didn't think karl was much of a partier.

  karl swallowed dryly, anxiety coursing through his bones. "i um, i don't see why not. i'll be back in a few." with that, he shuffled off to the locker rooms, trying not to think too deeply about all the things that could go wrong at a party. sure, karl has smoked and drank before, but it was with his close friends, not a group of rowdy teens that he didn't even know. his fingers ghosted over the dainty gold cross hanging from his neck. now, he wasn't a very religious person, but the disappointed glares of his family sat quietly in the back of his mind.

grueling thoughts about a party lingered in his head as he changed into his straight cut jeans, oversized long sleeve shirt, and a pair of well loved converse. he shook his head softly, hoping to clear some of the thoughts. he focused on nick, and his dark hair that framed his face with ease, the way his shirt hung effortlessly off his built shoulders. if karl didn't know any better, he would have assumed he was carved by the gods themselves.

karl walked out of the rink, meeting with nick once again. when the two stood next to each other it was clear they were less than an inch of height different from each other. nick took the upper hand, by just the slightest.

nick drew his hand forward, "here, give me your phone. i'll put the address and my number in for you." he spoke.

karl obliged, moving his phone from his back pocket into nicks hands. once nick had finished, he handed the phone back to karl. he'd left his newly created contact open, the name reading "nick ;)" boldly stood out from his screen.

"cute." karl smiled, eyes flicking back up to meet nick's. "i'll meet you at the party?" he asked, fidgeting with a gold ring on his finger.

"sounds like a plan." nick responded easily, he looked karl up and down one last time. "see you there." with a wink and a swift turn he was out the door heading for his car.

————-

668 words.