Chapter 22

It was a pretty normal looking house if you ask me. Nothing strange like Vander’s, that’s for sure.

It was a little on the large side, and it looked fairly up-to-date. There were picture frames here and there, all with various women in them.

“Now!” Oscar began, once again earning everyone’s attention, and bringing that strange feeling from earlier back to me, “you three are going to be cleaning my kitchen,” he pointed to three of the girls standing in the room towards the left side of the group.

“You four will clean up all the bedrooms upstairs,” Oscar pointed to the four girls on the right side of the group.

“You two will clean all the bathrooms,” he pointed to the two remaining girls in the group. This left just me and the other girl under his arm.

“And you lovelies, will come with me,” he switched me to his other side and started to walk down the hall, his arms around me and the other girl. He led us into a room, a bedroom by the looks of it. It had three other doors along the walls, assumably leading to more rooms.

“Now be good little sweethearts and sit there on the bed and wait for me to be right back,” Oscar said pushing the two of us towards the bed in the middle of the room then swiftly left.

As soon as he was out of sight, I regained my own thoughts again and could think of things other than how irresistible he was. It disturbed me that I could even have those thoughts at all.

I looked over at the other girl. She was a short little frail brunette; her hair was long and wavy, bangs covering up most of the top part of her face. She was shaking slightly and looked terrified.

“What’s your name?” I asked her. Maybe if she started talking, she wouldn’t be so afraid? Doubtable, but worth a try, right?

Her eyes widened a little more, if possible, and she eventually stuttered “B-b-bethany.”

“I’m Audrey,” I introduced myself.

Bethany barely nodded as her eyes left the door for a nanosecond to look at me.

I then started to look around the room we were captive in, trying to find an escape route. Anything was better than just sitting there on the bed waiting for whatever layed awaiting me when Oscar returned. I’d watched enough horror movies to know this. Also that I could potentially be the first killed if I actually do try to escape; but I wasn’t going to let that thought effect me anytime soon. I went over to one of the doors and opened it. Just a closet.

Boring old closet, eh? Maybe the next door! I thought.

Seeing that the closet was full of things I’d rather not see again, I closed the door and went for the next one.

“W-what are you doing?!” Bethany asked in a timid but worried voice.

Before she could say anything else, there was a soft padding sound coming from outside the door we had come in, signaling that Oscar was back. Bethany let out a squeak and high-tailed it for the bed and sat on the edge, starring at the door in horror.

I had just enough time to close the door I had just opened before Oscar walked in. As soon as I saw him again, that damned feeling came right back. It was such an unnatural feeling, one of those that don’t settle right in your stomach, but at the same time feel so right.

“You! What are you doing off of the bed?!” Oscar glared in my direction, scolding me for my behavior. All I could do was stare at him, no thoughts coming to mind very quickly. Well, at least none that would prove to be any helpful at the moment.

“Fine! If you’re going to be that way, I’ll just have to punish you for a bit. You!” he looked at Bethany now, making her scoot closer to the edge of the bed.

“Come here!”

She quickly got up and made her way towards Oscar, now with a glassy look in her eyes.

He yanked her the rest of the way towards him and started making out with her, causing a spark of anger to roll through me, starting in the back of my mind.

I somehow managed to get myself to look away and instantly felt the feeling go away. Instantly Dylan popped into my mind. It came as a relief, but I couldn’t help but feel anger rise in me. Oscar had caused me to completely forget about Dylan with his stupid spell. That kind of stuff doesn’t settle too well in my books.

Suddenly there was a thunk and a soft groan before a louder thud. This made me quickly look back over to Bethany and Oscar, fearing the worst. Instead, I saw the best scene I could see at the moment; Oscar was laying on the floor unconscious with a good sized rock lying next to his head.

“Audrey!” a week voice called from the opposite doorway. There, barely standing was Stevie. She motioned me over quickly.

I grabbed Bethany’s arm and made my way over to Stevie, concerned for her well-being. We had finally made it outside.

Guess that explains how she got here, I thought to myself.

Once all three of us were outside, Bethany looked as if she was back to her timid, shaking-in-fright self. But Stevie on the other hand, looked like she was about to pass out. She fell down to her hands and knees, staggering a bit.

“Oh my god! Stevie, are you okay?!” I knelt down next to her.

“Just exhausted,” she replied, “That...was hard...”

“What was?” I asked confused.

“I’m human......his spell...more...effect......on me than...it does...you... I’ll explain...later.”

This time Bethany took a step towards her and knelt down, “S-Stevie? You need to find strength so we c-can g-go.”

Stevie nodded, “help me up.”

Me and Bethany quickly grabbed her arms and hoisted her up onto her feet. Stevie quickly leaned on me while Bethany put Stevie’s other arm over her shoulders so she could take some of the weight.