Chapter 7

“What’s going on?” Dylan demanded eyeing his sister confused.

Alice let out a bark of laughter, “you of all people should have seen it! My own twin is so oblivious he can’t even tell I’m a secret spy!” She shook her head in amusement.

‘Well, damn, wasn’t expecting that…’ I thought to myself hardly believing what I was hearing.

“Uhm…yeah,” Stevie raised an eyebrow, “Ash kinda gave you that job. Remember?” She talked to Alice as if she had lost her mind, “Ashley told us what he told us, and then when we told him our plan, he assigned you as our spy.”

Huh? Oh.

Audrey-fail: 1, Stevie-win: 1

Alice placed a hand on her hip and looked at Stevie with a bored expression, “You really aren’t very bright are you?”

After sighing she continued, “Ash didn’t assign me as your spy. Well, at least you all thought he did, even he did. Vander came up with this truly brilliant idea that I would be stupid if I resisted. So when Ash ask me if I would take responsibility as your spy (being Dylan’s twin in all, he thought I was a perfect candidate), and boy was he right. A candidate to get that secret, and have a little fun getting it out of you,” she smiled a sweet-looking smile and brushed her hair out of her face.

Alice checked her watch then looked back up and looked at everyone in turn, “I have an hour and six minutes before it become a little more enjoyable. For me”

I raised an eyebrow. What did she mean ‘for her’?

“What do you mean ‘more enjoyable’?” Jamie’s face twisted into shock and worry as if he understood what she meant.

Alice smiled again then said “ah, well, good people always say ‘ladies first’ don’t they?” she made a point to look at Riley as if dropping a hint.

His eyes got a little bigger then finally narrowed, “you wouldn’t hurt Piper.”

“Wow, someone with some brains now huh? Well, you’re right, I wouldn’t. At least not right now. In case you haven’t noticed, most people would classify us the bad. So, ‘Men first’.”

Finally I understood something. She must have meant that if they didn’t tell her whatever this Ashley guy told them, she would have Vander hurt Spencer. Or much worse…which I don’t even want to think of at the moment.

 “Oops! I misread my watch! My bad” Alice giggled as she looked at her watch again. “This took longer than planned, you only had two minutes three minutes ago.”

She pulled out her phone and nodded, “I would tell you to say goodbye but…I think you get it.”

Before anyone could react or do anything, Alice walked over to the grand piano then turned around.

“I’m sure you’ll want to consult Vander first,” she pushed one of the piano keys down, causing a low twang.

Suddenly everything went hazy and swirly around me. I couldn’t make anything out, not even colours if that makes sense.

Before I could blink, it was all gone and I was sitting in a small concrete cellar with bars going across the opening vertically.

It was badly lit, stank like mildew, and was slightly damp. Not something anyone would like to find themselves in.

Outside the cellar, through the bars, I could see other small cellars. The cellars were each lit up slightly by a blue light in one of the corners.

The blue light was coming from a small electrical tube coming out of the cement wall; it was letting off a slight, but still loud, buzzing noise that was irritating to the ears. It wasn’t too loud, but it wasn’t very soft either. But enough to make you crazy if you were in there for very long.

Other that, I couldn’t see anything. It was all bare, no tables, no chairs, no buckets, nothing.

I don’t know how long I sat there, but I know it was a good enough amount of time for it to be, give or take, a couple of hours.

“PST!” I jumped when there was a voice coming from somewhere in the shadows. It was hard to pin-point exactly where it came from, due to the hallow echoing.

Turning around, I could see a small hole with a bar going vertically in it in the wall.

I walked over to the hole hesitantly and peered through. On the other side, I could see Stevie calling to me quietly, “Audrey!”

I waited for her to talk again, not knowing what to say.

“Can you see Riley anywhere?” she asked then sighed when I only shook my head, “what about Jamie?”

 “Nope” I shook my head again.

“Well, then they obviously took them somewhere else too,” she bit her lip then continued, “we already know they have Spencer and Piper, Dylan is probably with Alice and Vander somewhere, so they probably have Jamie and Riley with them too…although, I don’t see how Jamie could be of any use to them….”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, Dylan would be with them naturally ‘cuz they would try to get him to do something, and as for Jamie and Riley…”

She looked behind her then turned back around and continued.

“Riley could be use to them, as he can speak to the dead, so therefore if he wanted to he could get a whole army of dead soldiers which could be very bad in Vander’s use. And Jamie pretty much can’t do anything super duper exciting except for having wings and appearing perfect so I don’t see why Vander would need him…”

 “Jamie’s an angel?!” I asked shocked. Once again: Did not see that coming!

She nodded then looked behind her again, “we are here for a reason, the same reason they got Spencer and Piper. I’ve only been here one other time, and I’ve seen what they do in here…” She looked behind her again.

Quickly she motioned for me to go back over to where I was previously sitting and disappeared from sight. A few seconds later there was a noise of someone walking down the hallway slowly as if checking that nobody was trying to break out or anything of that matter.

I quickly got back down on the floor, pushing a blob of something fluffy away with my shoe, trying to act innocent and like I didn’t care that there was something mysteriously fluffy by me or someone trying to kill me. The last thing I needed was to actually show that I was freaking out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, again, for a shorter chapter :/ This one is only short because I wanted a semi-cliff hanger, and the next chapter is going to be in another somebody’s POV :) Cheers!