[Prologue]

I "opened" my eyes to see... darkness, just never-ending darkness.

That's all I could see, I couldn't feel my limbs nor my six senses, everything felt so... cold, so distant and so faint.

I tried opening my mouth and move my vocal cords... nothing.

I tried breathing in deeply... nothing, my lungs were not hurting from the lack of air nor is my consciousness drifting or fading.

If that's the case... what happened to me..?

Ah... now I remember...

I was on my way home from the centre station of the city, I stopped at the local convenience store to buy my usual drink until I saw a kid being held by a criminal nearby. Yelling out threats and demands all at once while keeping the child as a hostage, there were onlookers and police sirens approaching the area.

The child started crying which prompted the man to drag his knife over her cheek, causing it bleed and silencing the little girl with fear.

Even though I should leave this to the authorities as others would say, but my instincts immediately flared up along with my senses, my legs kicked into overdrive as I sprinted over before reeling back my arm and throwing the drink I bought earlier.

By a struck of luck, the bottle landed straight into the man's eye, causing him to cry out in pain which I took the opportunity to leapt forward and grab the girl when no one did to prevent any further injuries or even a potential death.

However, I did not anticipate the man to quickly recover and the last thing I saw was throwing the girl towards the crowd where one and two people grabbed her, but I heard a scream before losing all sensation and feelings in my body as I fell.

Before I knew it, I was stabbed right in the neck... and proceeded to bleed out along with my life, allowing everything around me to turn black.

With what remaining vision I have, I saw police officers apprehend the criminal before a duo quickly rushed over to me to stabilise my wound but it was too late

I died on that day... but at least the kid's safe.

It's the least I could do before dying, knowing that I saved someone, the feeling wasn't so bad... yeah... it doesn't feel so bad...

I think...

If someone was to ask about my whole life, I was rather a quiet kid with some troubles at expressing my emotions which I also agree on. Though I wasn't intelligent like the top students in my classes, I did what I can and still made it near the top but the cost is that everyone near me avoided me due to my... "odd" behaviour.

To be fair, I don't blame, the only time they see me is in the library reading away rows and rows of books or daydreaming at the corner of the classroom while noting down my lessons. Of course, this attracted some hooligans who saw me as an easy target to pick on but in the end, getting sent to the infirmary and hospital with broken bones taught them a lesson.

I tried to express myself more clearly by joining in sports activities but all the time, the eyes I saw and greeted at me were just filled with disdain and irritation at the mere presence of me. As if silently asking me "why am I still here?".

*Sigh*

Due to that, I consequently had no friends, my mother didn't help as well, she simply raised me as a means to further her own reputation and my so called father never cared for me. Only knowing to pay for my school tuition fees and continue on scamming others and making affairs.