Entry 2 [Rewritten]

October 6, ????

Dear Diary,

Things... got a bit strange. The forest wasn't as green and lush as before, though. It was all just gloomy and dark. As I was exploring, I met some snake people. With masks. The masks looked oddly familiar. Like the village children... I miss them. Enough talk about village children, they seemed to not be able to talk. It was like they were souls. I promised them I would try and help them somehow, even though I don't even know their situation. They seemed to be happy about this, though.

Luckily, it was warmer in here. Still cold, but at least not as cold as the frost zone. Im not sure if theres any other living creatures here, though. Or creatures in general. Though it did have pretty colorful mushrooms, they bounced too!

Oh, by the way, I made a home there. The first part of it was hollow. It was an odd tree, it was really tall. Reached to the clouds. It had more of those mushroom thingies on there. I just put a random table and a couch I found on the forest path. It's better than sleeping on the floor. Those snake things seemed to follow me everywhere, though. Don't know why. Maybe their.. lonely creatures???

You know, I think I know what I wanna do. I wanna make this an actual kingdom again. Well maybe not a whole kingdom, but make it a home, so it won't be some random forest with snake people and a purple thing living in it. It seemed like a good idea. I wish I could just TALK to these snake people, though.

Oh no, half of the page got wet! They splashed water onto it... at least it isn't completely ruined.

Right now, they gave me some sort of.. mask. It was a weird fox mask with creepy green eyes that seemed to constantly vibrate. They pointed their tails to their masks. So... I wore it. I... heard them talk now. They told me she froze the whole kingdom, including them. They were... the village children. I get it now. Since I still somewhat resemble their prince... they like me. They want me to restore this. Somehow. Well if that's what they want, that's what I want too! Im starting to remember more things as they spoke. I feel really bad for them, they did nothing to her but be nice, and this is what they got.

They also explained this forest had some magic in it. It was some sort of... magic. That's all they knew. It seemed really interesting. I asked why the forest was all gloomy, and they said it was some purple flowers that grew in the area. Of course I got curious, so after they told me, I looked for them right away.

(These flowers)

(These flowers)

I found them in patches. It looked spiky, yet kind of pretty. I picked some, and went back to the tree to do some 'experimenting'. I ended up making some... blue liquid. It was purple, so why blue? I tried to put my finger in it, but it kind of burned. These flowers were really weird.

That's enough for today, though. I have some village building to do!

(The dweller mask thing is inspired by someone else, but I can't find the book-)