02

Remi Taylor

It's raining today. The rain has always been my favorite weather and I think it has rubbed off onto little Ri, he is always in the best mood when he hears the rain and he sleeps better.

Right now him and I are out on the balcony, me sitting in a chair while holding him as we watch the cars pass by. There is something calming about doing nothing with your baby and not worrying about anything. Looking down at Amiri I smile at how much he looks like our mother and I can't help but love him more for it, he is holding onto my heart with his hands and it's beating for him only.

He looks up at me with his big eyes and smiles while waving his arms around in excitement and it's makes me want to put the world at his feet. I know I'm not his mother and I'm just his sister but as the days go on I just have this motherly instinct for him and it makes me feel like I'm replacing my mom in which I'm not. When he gets older I plan to show him pictures of mom and tell him the story and how much she loved him without even seeing his face yet.

I was so in my thoughts like I always am that I didn't even see him getting restless so I pick him up and take him inside to his high chair to feed him some baby food. He's beginning to get tired but I want him to finish his food because he hasn't eaten in a few hours. "Come on little bear eat for Remi so you can grow up to be big and strong" I coo at him and he just keeps shaking his head no. I sigh and get up and decide I will try again after his nap.

I carry him upstairs to his room and change him out of his outside clothes into a cute green onesie with dinosaurs on it. I stick him in the bed and turn his night light on and turn the light off as he lays down and closes his eyes to sleep. I walk back out and decide this is the best time to get some work done since I didn't open the store today because it's been raining.

It's been an hour since I started my work and I look and see that Bella is calling and I pick up my phone to answer it. "Hey babes what's up?" I question as soon as I accept the call.

"Hey! Let's go out to the club tonight I need to get out and you definitely need to as well!" She says really loud that I have to lower the phone volume a little. "I don't have anyone to watch Ri and I don't know if the babysitter will come so last minute." I say not sure even though I need a night out.

"Just let me know and if it's a yes and I will be there to get you at 9 so you are able to put him to sleep before you leave." She says. I love that she considered that and it makes me love her a lot more. "Okay I'll text you later. Love you Bells!" I say excited hoping I can get out. "Love you Mimi" she says and hangs up.

After she hangs up I quickly click on my contacts and text Lia wondering if she will watch Amiri while I go out for the night. She texts back fast saying that she can be there at 8 and it's a perfect time so I tell that would be great. I text Bella telling her I'll see her at 9 and get up to make me some dinner before leaving tonight.

As I'm cooking the chicken for my alfredo I hear Amiri crying and race upstairs to get him so I can feed him and get him his bath. I put him in his high chair and feed him the rest of the one from earlier making sure he eats it all this time. While he is content sitting for a little I make me a plate of chicken alfredo and sit and talk to him while I eat.

"Did my little bear sleep good?" I question him while tickling his neck. He lets out the cutest giggle and moves his arms up and down, I laugh at him and get up to put my plate in the sink.