Chapter 1

... Make new friends, but keep the old... One is silver and the other's gold...

You shiver as you are marched down the echoing halls of Emperor Belos' palace, the haunting voice of a child sending chills down your spine. 

The guards shove you towards a pair of ominous black doors and you glance at them quickly. 

Your e/c eyes slowly creep along the door with trepidation, resting at the top of the doors.

A golden sigil rests on an aurous cloth, outlined in gilded thread. It should have been beautiful, and it was, but it was beautiful in the same way that death is as you stare them in the eye.

You squint at the design, recognizing it from somewhere, but for the life of you you couldn't remember where. 

Suddenly you feel a sharp pain in the ribs. "Get on with it! The Emperor doesn't have all day!"

You gasp at the sharp pain and reply hoarsely, "Hey, watch it! Does the Emperor really want me that much?"

You stumble as the guards shove you to the now open doors. You hadn't noticed them opening. 

You shudder at the darkness inside as you hesitantly walk in, not wanting to be kicked again yet not wanting to know what lies in the shadows.

You heard an eerie voice coming from the gloom. "Hello, Y/n. What a pleasure to finally meet you in person."

                                                                      ༻⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽༺

Okay, so as I read it I noticed a couple things. One: IT'S NOT ANYTHING DIRTY WITH THE WHOLE BELOS WANTING YOU THING. I PROMISE. Also for the AuRoUs ClOtH aNd GiLdEd ThReAdS I was running out of words that meant gold. Okay? Okay. Alright, thanks for reading!

-AuthorRSVP

Ps. Sorry for the short chapter, I have more but I couldn't fit it in seeing as this is the whole DRAMATIC FORESHADOWING and everything, but I'm going to write another chapter so byeeeeeeee!