Chapter 1

Nova

"Your project for this term, will be to write a story, about the person you're paired with"

"Wait, we have partners?" Harry calls out.

"Yes Harry, you will have partners" the teacher nods.

"Can we choose them?"

"No. I'll pick, and you will not complain"

The teacher begins to call out students that are to be paired up for the project.

"Nova and Hazel"

I quickly place my hand up in the air.

"Yes Nova?"

"Oh, it's just that Hazel hasn't been to school in months, why would I be paired with her?"

"Because she is still enrolled at this school, therefore she'll need a partner"

"Bu-"

"No 'buts' Nova, you will do this project with her"

I slump in my seat, in defeat.

How am I meant to write a story about a girl that doesn't even come to school? Or better yet, a girl I barely even know?

Actually, why doesn't she come to school?

I spend the rest of class thinking about it until the bell rings.

"Look sir I-"

"Nova," he glares.

I sigh. Asshole.

I storm out of the classroom and down the hall and towards a girl named Alice, I'm pretty sure she's Hazels best friend.

"Hey uh Alice, you don't know me but uh, I have a project to do with Hazel and I was just wondering if you could give me her number or-"

"Okay stop right there, Hazel and I aren't friends"

"But you guy-"

"We aren't friends anymore, now go away"

What the fuck is with people cutting me off today?

"Right...but surely you know her number?"

Alice rolled her eyes and dramatically pulls out her phone from her bag. Her long, shiny baby blue nails aggressively tap on the screen until she starts reading out the number.

"Thank you, I appreciate it"

"Mhm yeah whatever"

Rude much?

I turn around and walk away from her.

Luckily it's the end of the day, so as I walk home I dial what I hope is actually hazels number, and Alice wasn't lying.

I wonder why they aren't friends anymore?

Hazel used to be on the school's basketball team with Alice, and they were inseparable. Not gonna lie they were kinda like the clique popular girls you see in movies. But then one day Hazel just stopped showing up to school. But before that, she might've had a few days off here and there.

How do I know all this? Because I had a massive fucking crush on her. But it went away once I stopped seeing her. At first I was sad and annoyed, but I eventually forgot about it.

A few seconds later of the phone ringing, and she finally picks up.

"Who are you? And what do you want?" Her what seems to be annoyed and sleepy voice speaks.

"H-hi uh Hazel, look I'm in your um English class...and a few others but uh, Mr Crain partnered us up for a project, and that's why I'm calling" I explain softly.

There's a few seconds of silence, "hmm and uh, how'd you get my number?"

"I asked Alice..."

"Right. Well what even is the project about?"

"Wait you didn't get an email about it from the teacher?" I ask.

"Nah, he stopped sending me assignment when he realised I wasn't gonna do them"

"Why don't you do the-"

She cuts me off, "we can do it at my house"

"Oh, yeah sure that's no problem, when and what time?"

"I don't care"

"Okay...how about tomorrow, I can come over after schools finished?"

"Mhm"

"Okay cool, oh! And uh we have 5 weeks to work on it" I tell her.

"5 wee- what the fuck is this project?" She groans.

"You have to write a story...about your partner"

"...what kinda story?"

"It can be anything"

"Hmm okay, oh and uh...what's your name?"

Ouch.

"It's Nova" I respond quietly.

"Nova..." she practically whispers as if she's trying to remember who I am.

Which she most definitely is.

"We'll see you tomorrow, Nova"

Before I can say bye, she hangs up.

Maybe I woke her up? And that's why she sounded so...grumpy.

I place my phone back in my pocket and walk up the few steps of my front porch, it's a good thing I live close to school. I can get home within 5-10 minutes depending on how fast I walk.

"Hey dad! I'm home!"

I listen to his footsteps that come out of his personal office, "hi sweetie, how was your day?" He smiles.

"It was okay I guess"

"No one picked on you did they?"

"Not really" I utter.

He sighs, "God I hate those kids at your school"

"Me too dad, me too" I mumble the last part as I make my way upstairs.

I place my school bag down on the floor in the corner of my room, and take my black and white combat boots off. They're my favourite pair of shoes I own, apart from my green Bapestas. Man I love them.

I walk into my bathroom, taking off my fishnets, skirt, and sweater that was over a white button up.

I have the best fashion taste.

I quickly take my jewellery off before hopping into the Luke warm shower.

I wash my hair with my Rose scented shampoo and conditioner, along with the matching body wash.

I dry myself off after combing through my semi-curly hair and applying skincare.

I usually don't do this stuff till night, but I am just so tired that I'm planning on watching a movie or two, having dinner and then going to bed.

After getting dressed into a dark blue, oversized shirt and Nike-pro shorts, I make my way downstairs to grab a small bag of popcorn, and lollies, as well as a glass of raspberry lemonade.

This should entertain me while I watch the movies, I decided on Coraline, and Hocus Pocus.

Sarah Sanderson...she was my gay awakening man. And Ruby Rose...okay to be fair, a lot of girls made me realise.

After watching both movies I quickly have a bowel of cereal, which was coco pops to be exact. Then I go to bed, after brushing my teeth of course.

Tomorrow...school...Hazel.

Yo chapter one, Watcha think?

Vote