Part 6: Feeling Human

**Note from the author. Well ladies and gentlemen. Thank you everyone. Truly. I started this story quite some time ago and honestly lost interest/thought my writing was kinda bad and cringe.

But I found my spark again and feel much more confident! Thank you to all of the votes and comments and adding to reading list! I promise to stick around to finish this one.

Feeling nothing but frustration in himself for not keeping him emotions in check, Inosuke storms off the training grounds to wonder the dense forest that surrounds the compound of the butter fly mansion by himself. He was sent here to train, not learn about confusing emotions about how he should feel when he someone actually likes him. Or even how they feel if those feelings of attraction reciprocated.

With each pounding step on the ground reflects the earthquakes in the young boar's head. Turning his head to the side to scoff in disgust.
"Tch! Stupid blonde. What the hell does he know???" The moments of surging anger when Aoi was grabbed made the beast breather think of the worst. "What if the little butterfly was in danger? What if she couldn't protect herself???"

These thoughts swirled around Inosuke head like a violent storm. He brings both his balled up fists to start hitting the sides of his ears to get his mind to silent. But of course, that did not work. He couldn't help but remember his training session with her. The more he thought about it, the more he slowly realized that moment when he first revealed his face to her was the first time anyone has looked at him and was not instantly creeped out and avoid eye contact.

His entire life no one has ever given him a second look. At the first glance, they only saw a wild beast, a problem child, someone not worth anyone's attention. Toxic thoughts infecting his young growing mind, discouraging the adolescent when he tried to make some sort of human connections. But all the general public saw was a young kid stumbling around in a horrific putrid boars mask. Thinking his face covering was the issue, Inosuke as a young child lifted it up to show his face only to be met by laughter and ridicule.

"Ahaha!! Look at his face!"

"What a freak!"

"Aren't you worried what people will think??"

"Whose daughter- ohh. You're a boy???"

"What mother could love that face??"

"No way someone that looks like that could ever be strong!"

The last one stuck inside young Inosuke's head. "I'LL SHOW YOU! I'LL SHOW ALL OF YOU BASTARDS!! I WILL BE KING OF THE MOUNTAINS AND EVERYONE WILL KNOW THE STRENGTH OF THE MIGHTY INOSUKE HASHABRIA!"

His sudden outburst as a child his first time into a crowd caused quite the scene. Grown adults pointed their finger at the poor boy laughing at his claims. The confidence in young Inosuke wavered. Terrified tears started to well up in his eyes. "Wh-.. why are they laughing at me?.. is this what it's like to be human? To point and laugh at someone different then you?!?"

He shoves his head back into his boars mask to hide. More pointing. More laughing followed. Some adults grew tired of the young boy claiming to be strong shaking their fists yelling at the boy to leave them alone. "Get out of here! Go back into the wild you worthless beast!"

The onlookers that verbally assaulted the boy continued as some even picked up some pebbles on the ground to throw at the boy to get him to leave.

The repressed memory was the start of him building up an overflowing dam, holding back anything that could make a true connection with another human. The water that resembles the beast's humanity being held back by walls built steep to hold everything back. Up until he met Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Aoi, he never thought of himself as a person. If the people called him a beast, a monster, nothing but a wild animal, then that is just what he would be! With each passing year, the walled off humanity grew taller as Inosuke's heart grew colder. He promised himself he'd never feel embarrassed for who he is ever again. That anyone that would raise their finger to point and laugh at him would be met with the brutal force a wild animal. That humans were the real monsters, not him.