Part 14: Awakening to Fight

"Inosuke?"

"Inosuke...?

"Inosuke!!"

Deeper and deeper the boar feel into his dream, his heighten sense of his surrounding seem to dull from the effects of Enmu Lower One placed on his mind. No longer able to tell if what he was seeing was reality or not. Hearing the voice of his beloved Aoi may have contributed to the lessening of his usual sharp intuition. The sudden change in scenery from being on the train to being at the butterfly mansion made the boar feel eerie. Fixating his hazy gaze on the young teen preforming her medical duties, the beast breather felt like a million questions were flowing throughout his mind. 

"Aoi?? What's happening?? Where is everyone else??"

The butterfly was caught off guard for a brief moment from the outburst. Offering to calm down her boy, she held two hands on his cheek to help him relax in a loving embrace. "What other people? It's just you and me... Isn't how its supposed to be?" Inosuke seems to drift off even more into the unknown realm once he feels the warmth of Aoi's hands on his cheek. The feeling was so surreal that his dream body dives down lower into the state of unconsciousness. "Rig-Right. There is no one else.. Just you and me.." He almost felt forced to say the statement to Aoi. Not believing it at first, but there absolutely no one around to contest the fact that they were the only two souls present.

The boar's sense were trying their hardest to fight back as they were drifting in and out causing him to lose focuses on what is real and what isn't. All the area's surrounding him and Aoi fade to a lifeless black light while the two teens are left face to face in the absence of space. Something in the back of Inosuke's mind was telling him something was off.. That he was needed elsewhere. But how could he refuse the company of his Aoi? An impossible task. But there was something trying to reach his subconscious, something that was reaching out trying to bring Inosuke back to reality.

The more he focuses on the girl in front of him, the less he paid attention to his surroundings. He had practically forgotten about the mission, the train that houses a demon, the Hashira aboard the train that he wanted to spar.

The only thing important was the infatuated girl in front of him. There was so much on his mind he wanted to talk about to her. How future missions would go, possibly having a permeant room at the butterfly mansion just for the great Lord Inosuke, and of course if the two could escape together on their own adventure again just like before.

All of the conversation seemed natural but there was something still off about the entire situation. Faded memories that seemed hazy and distant would creep up on the boar making him look over his shoulder.

"Inosuke? Everything okay?" A tilted head would peer over to the distracted teen.

"Wasn't I doing something? There was a man right? The same one I sparred with. Or was it someone else? What about the other two?? Tanitzu and Zenjiro! Weren't they with me? Damnit! I can't remember..." The boar looks back to meet Aoi's eyes thinking she looked absolutely perfect with that curious look in her eye that he loved to see. At that very moment he meet her gaze, everything preoccupying his mind seemed trivial. This was where he truly wanted to be. "Yeah just tired maybe. All this training got me winded."

Aoi formulated an idea in her mind to get Inosuke to relax a little, grabbing his arm to lead him away.  "You've been working so hard. Maybe we earned a little rest? Just the two of us?"

The thought of leaving everything behind to spend time with his Aoi seemed so enticing. He would have to be crazy to passed up the opportunity to get away from the missions, the training, dealing with the other slayers, everything just to be alone with Aoi again. Wanting to relive one of his favorite memories, he askes with a slight tinted pink in his cheeks. "Can we climb a tree again??"