Unholy (Pt.2)

(Y/N)'s POV

All throughout dinner, I kept my lips sealed shut and my mind completely blank. I could feel the worried stares on me, but I ignored them all. I barely touched a thing on my plate from how lost I felt. The only thing I could do is watch Veronica in the corner of my eye. I watched as she glanced over at Eddie a million times, smirking like the devil as she peaked over at me. She was planning something, I could feel it. 

"You barely touched your food, darling." Eddie spoke in a low voice as he pushed my hair to the side with his finger. I could feel his hand snake its way to the back of my neck as he tried to grab my attention. "You have to eat something." 

"I'm not very hungry." I told him as I watched everyone dig into the dessert that was recently placed in front of us. It all looked amazing, but I couldn't get myself to eat. My stomach growled in an attempt to make me eat, but the thought of food made my mouth water in a nauseous way. 

"Are you sure?" Eddie's voice became more worried, so I looked over at him in reassurance. I nearly started frowning the moment I saw the creases on his forehead as he bit his bottom lip from the nerves. 

Without saying a word, I lifted up my hand to his face and rubbed the creases out with my thumb before I brought it down to his lip. I lightly touched it and, in response, Eddie released his grip and allowed his lip to pout once again. I gave him a soft smile before leaning in and placing a small kiss on his worried lips. As soon as I pulled away, Eddie's whole body released the tension that built up inside of him, allowing him to finally relax. 

"I'm completely fine, my love. There's no need to worry." I looked back into Eddie's eyes as he gave me a soft smile. He nodded his head then rested his arm on the back of my chair after pulling me closer. I rested my head on his shoulder as I looked around at the calming features on both Jonathon and Steve's faces. The only person who didn't look very happy was Veronica, but I wasn't worried at all. I actually felt amazing right now thanks to Eddie and I'm going to feel a hell of a lot better after I beat that bitch's ass. 

Jessica's POV

There was a deep pit inside of my stomach from the anxiety that I could thank Veronica for. I have no idea what goes through her mind to where she thinks this is okay to do. Is she insane? 

"Did you see them at the table? I wanted to throw up." Veronica said in a nasty tone as we stood in the corner of the yard, watching everyone interact with one another as the sun went down. Luckily, someone hung up string lights, allowing us to stay outside with music and cool breeze. If Veronica wasn't here to ruin things then I would be the happiest I could ever be. I would even try to make friends with everyone, but I can't do that with Veronica around. She'll just cause a scene from the jealousy. 

"Veronica, whatever you have planned, please just think about it before you do it." I begged as I ignored her previous comment. I know she isn't going to listen to me, but I can always try. I am asking a lot out of her, though, when I tell her to think. The poor girl might hurt herself doing that. 

"Oh, just shut up, Jessica." Veronica snapped. "If you were an actual friend of Marley's then you would be okay with it."

"Marley doesn't give a shit about (Y/N) anymore. She knows she can't have Eddie, so why are you still trying?" I gave her attitude right back. I'm tired of Veronica's idiotic ways that make no sense. 

"Maybe I want him for myself then." Veronica smirked as she shrugged her shoulders. "I'm sure Marley wouldn't mind."

"It's not Marley you have to look out for." I warned her as I glanced over at (Y/N). She was leaning against Eddie as he wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. They were talking to their friends and seeming to be happy after being worried all dinner. I could only imagine what was going on in (Y/N)'s mind with how silent she was. She must know something and I really hope she does.