Dating (2/3) || 19

later in the evening when jimin arrived with his beloved wife and four-year-old son, he was delighted for sure, seeing aera waiting for him by the door dressed in a simple peach colored, a-line dress, like the one the brothers remembered very well from her childhood that she loved and would whine to wear it 24/7.

jimin hugged her tightly and so did his family, especially the little boy who almost cried when jungkook wanted to take him from aera, saying that she might get tired of carrying him for too long as his little body had gained enough weight to make the girl take breaks from holding him continuously.

after the reunion in the foyer itself, came the tough and important part where aera lead them inside, finally taking her queue to introduce kevin to her eldest brother. it was fine at first. jimin seemed to meet him, even shook his hand and almost gave him a hug, claiming that it was really sweet of aera to bring a friend home.

that was until aera dropped the bomb.

"he's your what?" jimin repeats, "boyfriend— as in you're dating him?"

aera presses her lips together into a hesitant, tight smile, nodding, "i'm dating him. yes,"

haewon coughs a little, gulping down the tea slowly. jimin, on the other hand stares at aera as if waiting for her to laugh and tell him she wasn't serious. oh, for god's love she was. jimin takes a deep breath, turning to jungkook, who forces out a nod halfheartedly, confirming the elder's fears with his own unsure thoughts playing a tug inside.

"so, uhm," aera clears her throat after the dreaded silence and gives a smile to her boyfriend, "i'll go see if the dinner's ready yet, while you guys talk. c'mon, kev," she says quickly and grabs the boy's hand, hurrying to the kitchen.

"dammit, aera! your brothers are scaring the crap out of me!" kevin whisper yells, "i feel like it's a trap. you dated me to take a revenge for me bothering you in the beginning of the your semester," he fake cries, "i'm sorry girl. you don't have to—"

"yeah, go on," aera rolls her eyes, crossing her arms on her chest, standing in front of kevin, "what? why'd you stop? go on and continue freaking out! i told you a hundred time that you're fine and they'll like you— but, no! you're not listening!" she takes a deep breath to calm herself down, massaging her temples, "okay, fine, you stop freaking out and i—"

"stop freaking out? are you serious right now?! did you not see how they were legit glaring at me?! i fucking feel like a helpless prey thrown in a den of two hungry lions! and these lions are going to—"

aera shakes her head, grabbing the collar of his shirt and presses herself closer to him. her lips attach to his without any further ado and hand caresses his hair gently, "relax," she hushes out between the kiss and kevin sighs softly, placing his hands on her waist.

"sorry," he says, breaking the kiss for a short second before going in for another one.

"what the fuck?!" jungkook's voice makes aera spring apart from kevin, who looks too shocked to even move a muscle. "okay, here's rule number one, no making out in this household!"

"we were not—"

"shut up, i just saw it, god!" jungkook makes a puking face and aera shakes her head.

"it's fine, kev. he's just kidding," she forces a smile, gesturing for kevin to sit down for dinner as jimin amd haewon join them too.

"so..." jimin starts, "would you like to tell something more about you both? like how started dating an all? and maybe a little about how you didn't feel the need to tell anyone, aera?"

"oppa, it's not like that," aera says, "he asked me to be his girlfriend last month, and i just thought it would be better if i tell you guys in person. it's a big deal for me to start dating and also for you guys because... well, you're my family, and you should know the guy i'm seeing,"