FIVE. exceptional zed

TODAY WAS the day

TODAY WAS the day. And it was truly nerve wracking for the zombie boy, but he quite literally had the whole town on his side, but Zed still sat at the beach pondering what exactly he had done for people to give him this high of praise. What could Zed have done to deserve any of this?

He was pretty stupid to sit there and wonder what he had done. He'd done so much for Seabrook in so little time. He was exceptional and he couldn't see that just yet.

It made Danielle angry as she shook his shoulders back in forth in anger.

"Are you freaking kidding me!" She shouted, "Shake the nerves! This is ridiculous! I told you to pull the ghost card if all else fails! Pull that card like your life depends on it!"

"Dani, I don't think I can do this."

Before Danielle could speak, the rest of their friends had approached them on the beach to let them know that the person from Mountain College had been early.

This only shook up Zed's nerves even more.

"Hey, look at me." Danielle said, grabbing Zed's cheeks and turning him to face her, "You're exceptional, Zed. Don't let this worry you, okay?"

And though the shook some of his nerves, he knew he had the whole town on his side, even holding a small parade for him as they made their way towards Zombietown.

"What did you do to deserve this?" Mrs. Crabtree asked.

"I don't know." Zed smiled.

With that praise out of the way, the interview began and Zed wanted Danielle to be by his side.

"We found your application persuasive." Mrs. Crabtree said.

"Well, I'm just doing my zom-best." Zed chuckled, "Zombie best."

"Uh, our biggest concern is that you could turn into a monster at any time."

"Yes. I am a monster, but completely safe. Zombies eating brains? Thing of the past."

"Zed is able to control his zombie-ing. He's really good at it." Danielle quipped.

"Despite being a zombie, how should you positively impact Mountain College?"

"Despite?" Danielle questioned.

"Uh, that is a fair question." Zed cut off, "Um, you know, I think what I bring to the table is the-"

Things quickly took a turn when Danielle touched Zed's shoulder causing him to slightly zombie out. He excused himself for a moment.

Danielle awkwardly smiled and followed Zed into the kitchen.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"I don't know."

Danielle rested her hand on Zed's shoulder and he once again felt himself zombie out.

Danielle stepped back and looked down at her hands, "It's me?"

"It's you?"

Danielle smiled. She held her hand up in the air and just like her father before was able to shift from girl to ghost with ease.

"This is horrible timing." She smiled, "But this is so cool."

Zed, ignoring the pain, hugged Danielle which was a big mistake. That last shock was able to send him fly back and scaring Mrs. Crabtree out of the house.

"I'm so sorry!" Danielle said.

"Don't be!"

Zed ran out and followed Mrs. Crabtree.

"I know that I may be different. Who that's exceptional isn't?" Zed spoke, "We have a spark that can change things. It's not a curse, it's amazing. I'm exceptional Zed. And so are all my family and friends. We're artist, athletes, and activists, who always give it our best. We don't need to pretend 'cause we won't ever fit in. And we're not just awesome in spite of that, we take pride in that instead. We're all exceptional."

"We'll take that into consideration."

Zed felt immense peace fall onto him. It was a good sign that she didn't run away the second time he followed her out.

And it was pretty certain that they would heavily take what he said into consideration.

- lucy has something to say !!

one last chapter? idk yet

confession: as i said i had never seen the zombie movies when i said i would make this fic with that said i also never seen boo bitch so when i made danielle a ghost i didn't know that zoe (danielle) was gonna be a ghost in boo bitch so 🧍 i just don't watch modern day media 🤭

anyways you already know how i feel about exceptional zed 🤭 he gagged, choked, and devoured me with that song 🫶

if addison realized that she was messing with zed she should've stopping touching him like i get you're excited but girl 😭

"help! help! z-portal we need help!" BYE BUCKY IS SO FUNNY 😭

bye :))))