PROLOGUE! painted a beautiful shade of red, and the doll was slightly cracked

HAPPINESS IS A BUTTERFLY ★﹚

﹙HAPPINESS IS A BUTTERFLY ★﹚

CHERRY GARCIA!

is unkillable.

she was born february 14th, 2007.

she may not be as old as any other immortal person, but she will be.

she will be, because that's what she's destined for. it's her curse.

before she was born, her parents were basically the happiest fucking couple alive.

they didn't have enough money for anything, they were both working part time jobs and struggling to support themselves and keep a roof over their heads.

even if they didn't have much, they had each other, and that was enough.

cherry's mother ended up pregnant.

it left the young couple stressed; neither of them had gone to college, and were working horrible part time jobs.

they could barely pay rent.

how were they supposed to raise another person when they were still raising themselves?

but, vanessa, cherry's mother, refused to get rid of the baby.

cherry father, apollo, searched for more work.

he and his wife grew distant. he was working almost the entire day everyday with no breaks, making sure he was able to one day provide for their child.

slowly, they fell out of love.

who could blame them?

they hadn't spoken in months. they were both too busy to even breathe, let alone spend time together.

but vanessa refused to divorce her husband.

she was pregnant with his child.

she was not going to leave him. how would she make any money, and take care of some useless baby?

the best idea she came up with to save her marriage, was to sell her baby's soul.

it was a cliche.

the whole i'll give you my first born, but seriously.

babies were pure. just like children.

children are not capable of being evil.

children have kind souls. they don't know any better. they haven't experienced the horrors of the world yet.

that's why vanessa's daughter would have been perfect.

cherry's duty to her mother, the reason she'd sold her soul in the first place, was for a trade.

vanessa traded the purity of cherry's new soul for the horrible sadness of her parents marriage.

cherry would carry the emptiness in her heart for her entire life.