Light My Cigarette

Note: Froggaybaby (on IG) wanted to write a collaboration song fic based off of Strawberries and Cigarettes by Troye Sivan. It was truly a pleasure joining them on their journey. I wrote the first part and they wrote the second. So, tell us what you think! Enjoy :)

Cover by them Froggaybaby (IG)

_____________________________________

Marcy been on her feet all day, twenty minutes to regain her strength was never enough. She sat at the counter with her fruit salad — a bowl of strawberries. Everyday was the same routine, go to school to get good grades, go to the diner to make a decent pay, then go home to study before doing it all over again. It was a predictable life, but a safe a life which made her parents happy, so she was happy too, right? It didn't matter because this is how it was for Marcy Wu, and how it would continue to be.  Right?

"No. No. No!"

Marcy thought the words were coming from her own thoughts until she looked over to see they were from her boss. Grime was yelling at the new server with blonde hair and pink tips for the umpteenth time today. Marcy turned away when the woman made eye contact with her.The server had been a beautiful mess all day dropping dishes, yelling at customers, and rolling her eyes at her boss. They didn't even need a new server and really couldn't afford one either, but Grime hired her because she reminded him of himself or something. None the less it made Marcy day less predictable as she cleaned up broken dishes, apologized to guests, and getting captivated by the woman's beauty.

Marcy's thoughts and break were interrupted by the stabbing of a pocket knife into the counter. Marcy looked shocked as the woman continued to carved her name into the wooden top.

"Sasha" She read the name out loud.

"That's my name, don't wear it out." She bit her lip.

"Well, you carved it out." She raised her brow.

Sasha smirked, "What's your name, Sunshine?"

Marcy rolled her eyes at the nickname. "Shouldn't I call you Sunshine, or would you prefer Goldilocks?" She smiled and took a bite of her strawberry.

"Well, you seem like the type to have a sunny disposition, and that trumps golden hair any day." She leaned over her knife that was sticking in the counter. "Name?"

Marcy was going to go back and forth a little longer, but was too tired, so she simply pointed to her name tag.

"What if I couldn't read?"

"Guess you wouldn't know my name then." She shrugged.

"What if I wanted to hear you say it?"

She shook her head trying to hide her smile, "Marcy."

Sasha placed a cigarette between her fingers, "you got a light, Marcy?"

Marcy did indeed have a light for the kitchen stove, which went out often.

"Aren't you scared?" She lit the blonde's cigarette.

"Of what?" She took a puff.

"Getting yelled at, getting in trouble, getting fired." She said the last one low.

Sasha laughed a laugh that made Marcy feel so warm she engraved it in her mind, the way the woman engraved her name into the counter in front of her.

"The trick is to make them afraid you, so they won't know how scared you are."

Marcy looked impressed by the statement, but tried to pretend that she wasn't. "I don't think that applies to work."

"I guess we have to find out then, won't we?"