I've Been a Fool

Today had not been her best day. The whole time she was completely distracted, she was barely able to write down people's orders and would constantly mix them up.

So, Grime decided that she could have the rest of the day off. Something was clearly wrong with her and keeping her in would damage their (already pretty bad) reputation.

As her last task of the day, she was told to take the trash out and then she could go home and wallow in her own self pity. She'd never done something like that before and that woman made her feel so cheap, so easy for doing so.

She was getting ready to throw the huge black bag in her hand into their massive, overflowing bin. But, her eye caught onto that familiar blonde and pink hair.

Dropping the bag onto the floor, her eyes widened.

"Hey! Didn't think you'd come out so early!" The woman cheered as she lit the cigarette already between her lips.

Oh how dare she.

How dare she be so chipper after what she did, how dare she stand there so aloof, how dare she just EXIST!

"Hello? I'm talking to you." Sasha waved her hand in front of the other's face.

She turned around to get back into the restaurant so she could get changed and go home.

"Marbles?"

"Marbles? MARBLES!?" She shrieked, "You leave me all alone in your dumb, little apartment in an area I don't even know that well without even a goodbye and you want to give me cute pet names!?"

Shocked by the sudden booming voice, Sasha stepped back a little, "Woah, woah. Hey, look. I'm sorry about that but I had to-"

"No! I don't want your half hearted apology!" Marcy quickly covered her ears, "Leave me alone!"

"Marcy, please."

"La, la, la, la, can't hear you!" She yelled, walking into the restaurant.

"Marcy!" She decided to follow her in, crushing her cigarette against the brick walls before doing so.

Although knowing it probably wouldn't stop her, Marcy walked towards a door with the words "employees only" on it.

As suspected, Sasha followed her in.

"You're not allowed in here." She simply stated as she took off her apron and grabbed her backpack.

"I had a lot to do this mornin-"

"I said I don't want your excuses!"

"Actually, you said you didn't want a half-hearted apology. This is an explanation."

Marcy groaned, "You aren't gonna leave me alone until I hear you out, are you?"

"Aww, you know me so well."

"Get on with it."

"You got the strawberries this morning right?" All she got was a hum so she carried on, "Right, well, I had to go buy those first and then I cut them up and put them in a bowl but then I also had to go meet up with someone so I could be let back into my car. I didn't think they'd ask me a shit tonne of questions so I thought I would've been back in time to at least see you before you inevitably went back home."

"You could've at least left a note." She murmured.

"Like I said, I thought I'd be back in time."

"You REALLY didn't think they'd ask you a tonne of questions to make sure you actually owned the car?"

"I couldn't keep a job for a day, do you think I'd have the brain power to realize that at seven in the morning? I'll leave a note next time."

"Next time?" She raised a brow.

Her face immediately became red, "Wait- no! That's not what- I mean, it was nice but we don't have to do that again. I meant with, like, other people- no. Not that I do that with other people. Well, no I do. I mean- what I mean is-"

Marcy couldn't help but laugh at that.

This girl had such a contagious laugh that Sasha just had to smile as well, "I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you."

"And how exactly are you planning on doing that?"

She checked her phone for a quick second, "I have a hundred dollars to my name, you wanna watch a movie with me sometime?"

Marcy smiled up at her, "I'd love to," she said before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek, "let's go right now." She started to walk off.

She stood in awe for a second, holding her cheek before quickly following her, "Right now?"

"Yeah, I've been given the rest of the day off and... I'd rather my parents didn't know that."

Sasha shrugged, catching up to her.

"As another apology, I think you should give me strawberries."

"Wow. You really like strawberries."

_____________________________________

Note: We appreciate all of you who took the time to read our fic. Please Vote, Follow, and comment on each chapter to let us know what you think of each part, or at least tell us what you liked about both parts :)

Sasha and Marcy's characters in Pt1. was inspired by themselves of course, but also Gia Carangi and Linda linter (first lesbian supermodel and her girlfriend).

BTW: If you want to read more of our work please go to both of our profiles (Froggaybaby profile is on AO3) for more Amphibia fics  :)