Chapter 10: Heartbreak

Chapters Song: All I Want By: Kodaline 

Severe Trigger Warnings: None 

You looked down, clutching the ring he handed you. You had to get out of here. Sam took forever in the shower so you knew you had time. You got up and grabbed your duffel bag. You froze. You realized this wasn't even your bag. It was Dean's. He gave it to you a few years back but it had his initials etched in the leather on the left-hand side. Your hands traced the "D.W." you began to sob.

You heard the shower water shut off. You didn't have any more time to reminisce. If Sam came out here he would stop you. You just wanted to be alone. You threw everything in the bag. And walked outside.

Closing the door behind you, you couldn't believe your eyes. In the parking lot where the Impala should be, was a small pile of weapons and a small ammo box. They were yours. Dean left them for you.

Dean... left... you.

You shook your head and opened up the duffel bag and began to shove everything in it. You grabbed the ammo box. Another gift from Dean. You sat down on the concrete and opened up the box. Memories came rushing back.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR Y/N. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" You rolled your eyes as Sam and Dean presented you with a pie that had candles sticking out of it.

"Guys seriously?" You laughed. You really did enjoy these normal moments with them in the bunker. It felt like home.

"Go on blow out your candles." Dean smiled. And you listened. Sam and Dean clapped ironically and Sam began to cut the pie. "I got you something," Dean said and pulled a small box out from behind his back. It had a padlock on it and Dean handed you it and a key. You looked up at him and popped the box open. It was filled with ammo.

Laughing out loud you looked up at Dean. "This is perfect. Thank you." You looked back down and noticed the underside of the lid had an inscription. You opened it all the way to be able to read it. 'When I can't protect you, these will' was carved into the lid. "Dean thank you." You got up and gave him a kiss.

Snapping the box shut you forced yourself to come back to reality. Throwing it into the duffel and zipping it up you pulled out your phone and called a taxi. When you got into the backseat you realized you had no idea where you were going.

You no longer had a home.