Chapter 5

POV: Percy

I woke up on a bed, I looked around and found I was in my father's room. My father and brother were anxiously gazing at me. I flinch back at the closeness of both of them and they leaned back, relieved.

"How... long?" I asked and they looked at me confused "How long was I out?" I asked

"Only a few days ... Percy please rest." My brother said alarmed when I immediately jumped out of the bed.

"No, I need to resume my duties." I said and my father's chest swelled with pride.

"Percy, you are in no condition to resume your duties." My mother said when she entered. She glared both at me and my father. Poseidon was nickering and snorting outside of my room and he entered.

"Yo, you okay?" he asked in my mind

"Yes, I am better now thanks." I replied

Poseidon nudged my vest and I realised he smelled the apple that I had in my back pocket. Grinning I took it out and handed it to him. He chomped on it and said

"Thanks"

"You're welcome" I said out loud. Triton took one look at me and laughed, I couldn't help but join in.

"So, what have you been doing up until now?" I asked my father. Poseidon looked away and my father looked down in shame.

"Percy I have been at your side the entire time. I refused to leave you here, alone even if it was with Triton."

"But father... who is controlling the ocean?"

"I am right now but you will soon be able to and I will return the job to you." He promised and I nodded.

After I was healed I was finally able to take control of the sea again and both Triton and I went back to the regular schedule of training. We soon forgot about Oceanus. Occasionally we would get a glimpse of him and his followers but it was always faint.

Although once Oceanus did confront us, but that was under the white flag of truce. We soon found out he came only to talk for a few minutes, under supervision, with his daughter. My father nearly didn't allow the meaning but he grudgingly agreed, eventually.

It was only when I was twelve that Poseidon/father decided to send me to camp half-blood. At first I was appalled. I had heard too many bad things about that place, from the sea creatures around the place. But in the end he convinced me only when he promised that Triton would be with me.

Triton and I were to pose as brothers. I was younger by three years and he was obviously older. Since Triton usually was at age fifteen it didn't bother him, but I was still hesitant. I had only lived in the ocean and it would be different, weird.

My bags were packed and I was off to Yancy Academy. Triton and I were going to be under the care of a man named, Paul Blowfish. Or was it Blowfis? It really didn't matter to me cause I wouldn't be talking to him often anyways.

I left the palace with Triton at my heels and my father was waiting at the beach.

"Are you ready?" he asked

"Not really, I am going to miss you." I sniffed. Triton looked like I had grown an extra head but I truly cared for our father and without us... let's say I didn't want Oceanus to take advantage of that.

I hugged him, which earned me a surprised glance but he returned it whole heartedly.

"Bye, dad" I waved and turned my back on the life that I had lived ever since I can remember.