Chapter 2 : Testing the flames

In the girl's locker room. Ibara was changing until a girl spoke to her. "Hey!" The girl called for her attention. Ibara turned around and saw it was Setsuna.

It was the girl that questioned her about her praying. "Yes?" Ibara asked politely. "I just wanted to say sorry for calling you out. I didn't mean anything by it. It was just...strange. Can we start over?" Setsuna asked.

"I have already forgiven you." Ibara said as a holy light shown from above. "I only hope the lord does the same." Setsuna felt a chill run down her spine. 'Oh boy.' She thought.

Meanwhile with the boys. "That was so manly!" A boy named Tetsutetsu shouted as he had an arm around Izuku who was trying to put his pants on.

"I just want to put my pants on." Izuku complained. "Pants are temporary, manliness is forever!" Tetsutetsu Shouted. "You know it was a joke right?" Kosie asked.

Izuku and Tetsutesu looked at who spoke to them. "I feel like you called me out in front of everyone for no reason." Kosie told him. "No reason? You were making fun of someone for no reason." "Yeah!" Izuku told him as Tetsutetsu's assisted.

"Whatever, you guys can think I'm a jerk all you want but I live in the real world." Kosie said as he walked out. "So not manly." Tetsutetsu said. "We should hurry." Izuku told him. "Right!" Tetsutetsu said as they both ran out.

Once outside they saw their teacher. Seeing as a few students have yet to come out they waited a bit before everyone was there.

"Alright, listen up. The quirk apprehension test is designed to see how well you do with your quirk. I know the law states you can not use your quirk in public but, it's different here. I want you to use your quirk on every test and give it your all.

No holding back. Go beyond plus ultra!" Vlad shouted as no one said anything. He coughed as he continued. "Frist test. Distance run! Stand behind the line to begin." He told his students as they do what they were told, except for Izuku.

Izuku stayed back as he took off his shoes and socks and then began to cuff his pants up to half his calves. Once done, Izuku joined the rest of his class at the line and took a running position.

Vlad was observing him with great interest.

-

"He...asked to be in class 1-B?" Vlad asked. "That is correct!" Nezu the principal of U.A said. "That is an odd request though. Most recommended students aim for class 1-A." A teacher named Midnight said.

Aizawa, the teacher of class 1-A didn't say anything but he too was curious about this request. "Perhaps since he got a recommendation, he chose to give someone else a chance to go to class 1-A." Another teacher Cementoss spoke.

"Still, with the speed of his quirk. He'll have no problem climbing the ranks when he goes pro." The teacher Snipe said as he looked over Izuku's file. "Whichever reason he may have I will allow it. We'll just have to switch a student from class 1-B to 1-A." Nezu said.

-

'Let's see just what you are made of.' Vlad thought. "On your marks, get set, go!" [Boom] Half the class nearly got blown away in an instant. Looking at the finish line, Izuku was standing there with small flames on his feet.

As the class collected themselves they see Izuku was already at the end. Everyone's jaw nearly hit the ground as they were in awe. "Why are you all just staring?!" Vlad said getting their attention.

"Go!" The class then all ran to the finish line, hoping to at least get second place. 'This kid is...his speed alone is on par with pros. Yeah, he'll have no problem climbing the ranks. But I can't play favoritism.' Vlad thought.

"Alright, catch your breath everyone, that was only the first test. There are still more tests to be done."

Izuku then went on to get a perfect score on nearly all tests. 50-meter dash, standing long jump, ball throw, repeated side steps, etc. The class was taken away at Izuku's abilities. There was only one thing off about him.

'His smile.' Most of the class thought. They were now waiting for their results and Izuku couldn't help but show his grin. Even Vlad was a little disturbed.

"Alright, here are the results." Vlad said showing the results from his phone on a projection. All the students huddled around to see what place they got.

"What!? I got 9th!?" Togura shouted. "At least you got 9th." Koise said as he saw he was in 20th place. "Wow! I got first place!?" Izuku shouted. "What did you expect!?" The whole class, minus one shouted.

Ibara stared at her place in 19. She knew she should be thankful for just being here, but a part of her felt like she was wasting her talents. "Listen up!" Vlad said getting Ibara's and everyone's attention.

"It doesn't matter what place you are in. Either in first or in last. It doesn't matter. What matters is what you do with that information while you're here. Never forget that you can always improve and grow.

You won't always be as you were. As long as you put in the effort and have the drive to rise above. Anyone can go beyond plus ultra!" Vlad told them.

Meanwhile, "how did you score above me?" Setsuna asked a girl name Yui. "Mhm." Said the girl as she shrugged.

"What an exceptional quirk you have." A harry student named Joruta told Izuku. "Yeah with that quirk we could definitely beat class 1-A." Said Neito. "Class 1-A?" Izuku asked.

Vlad could feel his blood pressure rise. No pun intended. "Alright! Head back to class and collect your thing. class dismissed!" He shouted as he stomped away.

"I think our teacher is upset." A short girl named Kinoko said. "We should do as he said. Wouldn't want to upset Mr. lad anymore than what we already have." Joruta said.

The class agreed and did as there told. Izuku went to grab his socks and shoes before leaving. He then noticed Ibara looking somewhat lost. Izuku makes his way to her.

"You okay?" He asked. Ibara flinched a little as she snapped back to reality. "Oh, yes. I'm okay. I just...no. I'm fine." Ibara said as she smiled at him. Izuku knew there was more to it but decided to drop. It was their first day after all.

"Hey hurry up you love birds!" Setsuna shouted at them. Ibara blushed as a rose grew on her vine. Izuku however smiled like a demon. 'Oh boy.' Setsuna thought to herself.

"I, uh, wonder what we'll be doing tomorrow." Izuku said trying to change the subject. "Hopefully it will be something I am able to do properly." Ibara said.

-

"Today we'll be doing...Battle training!" Vlad shouted as most of the class cheered. 'Oh no.' Ibara thought.