13. Bella

September 26, 2020 (33 weeks and 5 days pregnant)

33 weeks and 5 days, that how far along I currently was. Two days away from being 34 weeks meaning I'll be having this little boy in 6 weeks. But the doctor did mentioned that my water could break earlier or later than what she says. I had given the letter to Bailey to send to Enzo but I haven't received anything which can only mean that he still hasn't gotten it or Bailey hasn't been able to send it. I'll go with the latter. She's been taking care of little Declan for a good while since her mom's working. I would've gone to help but the doctor had told me to not strain myself too much, luckily Bailey understood and I had feared she would get mad or something when I told her that I was going to stop coming over for a little while.

"Don't worry, Bella, I understand and besides Declan hasn't been given me a hard time as of late which thank god," she had said when I called her after my appointment a few weeks ago, "when he gets fussy or cranky he asks me to lay the song you recorded."

I smiled at that, "um..I know you've been busy but have you sent the letter I gave you to send to your brother?"

"Shit, no, I'm so sorry, Bella. It completely escaped my mind, I'll get it delivered today no questions asked," she had said and since then I haven't heard a word from her. I hope she isn't mad or anything at my lack of visiting her.

"You ready to go for your daily walks?" Kaiden asked and I nodded. Together we walked out of the house and made our way down the sideway in the direction of the pack only to stop in our tracks when we saw Melanie's car pull up to her driveway but the she wasn't the one who held my attention. It was the man sitting in the passenger's seat. Our eyes locked for a brief second before he looked away when his mother called him and he climbed out. I felt my heart sink as I saw him step out with crutches.

"Aren't you going to say hi?" My brother asked and I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded before waddling towards them. I smiled as we stopped a few feet from them.

"Oh, hi dear," Melanie greeted with a warm smile when she saw me and Kaiden, "look at you," I smiled and rubbed my belly. I felt Enzo's eyes on me and turned to him. Then I noticed the papers in his hands making me bite my lip. So he did get the letter after all.

"Hi," I smiled and he nodded making me frown at his lack of words, "when did you come back?"

"Doesn't matter," he muttered before walking away leaving me confused at his reaction. What did I do?

"Don't mind him," Bailey said as she looked after her brother and I nodded, "sorry for not reaching out to you, it's been hectic." I nodded in understanding before sighing and smiling at the sleeping boy in her arms, "I'll see you around yeah?"

"Yeah," I agreed as she headed into the house with her mom.

"That was.......something," Kaiden commented and I couldn't agree more. "Come on, let's go."

*****

Tuesday, October 6, 2020 (35 weeks and a day pregnant)

Two weeks later I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst pain imaginable and screamed. I threw the coves off as my door banged open and my parents walked in alarmed.

"Mama," I whimpered as another wave of pain rushed through me.

"It's okay, love, just take deep breaths in and out just like how the doctor instructed you incase your water broke," she said as she did a demonstration of breathing in and out. I did as she said and slowly the pain began to ease up.

"We need to get you changed out of these pants," mom said and dad left to turn the car on since it was starting to get cold specially at this hour." I stood firm my bed and hissed as another contraction hit making me double over holding onto the night stand for support. Mom rubbed my back.