15

3

sofia

Saturday morning.

I hadn't been able to sleep a wink all night, just as I'd predicted. I yawned loudly, wishing that my body would rest, but it wouldn't. I rolled my eyes angrily, tossing in bed, to see that Bruce was already awake next to me, texting on his phone.

"Bruce?" I mumbled.

He didn't respond, and continued to immerse himself in his phone.

"Bruce!" I repeated angrily.

Bruce rolled his eyes bitterly, turning around to face me.

"What?" he snarled.

"Can we go out today?" I mumbled. "I haven't been out in such a long time."

And it was true. I hadn't. I was always either in my bedroom or at work, and it was driving me insane.

I knew that Bruce was probably going to say no, but it was worth a try anyway.

"Sorry, I'm going to work," Bruce shrugged.

"On a Saturday?" I denied, folding my arms huffily.

"Needs must, babe," Bruce retorted quickly.

I let out a deep breath, a timid expression on my face. Feeling miserable all over again. My heart feeling like it was going to explode from going round and round in circles with my damn husband.

"Don't turn on the fucking waterworks again!" Bruce sighed exhaustedly. "You know I need to work."

"We never spend time together anymore," I said timidly. "Why do you think I tried seducing you yesterday?"

Bruce scrunched his face up.

"You didn't even cook me any damn food," he retorted.

"But I did," I breathed. "If you'd looked in the kitchen properly, you would've seen that I left you some curry and naan bread."

Bruce's face fell, looking a little guilty now. He let out a heavy sigh, his chest heaving upwards and downwards.

"I'm sorry," he said flatly. "I'll make it up to you. I've just got a lot on my plate."