Chapter 19

"So, do we get houses on your land too, if we become your new council?" Joey asked.

"Of course," I said.

"What exactly are the councils' duties?" Yami asked.

"You help me rule, you will have to learn the laws and traditions first, but as I have ruled as long as I have and made most of the laws and have the final say, so that is not your primary concern. Mostly it is getting in close with the people, take the temperature and mediate. And when I can't go on some diplomatic mission, you will be my proxies of course, you can call me if there is too much trouble. You will also go with me on trips and help me and so on, you know, normal council jobs" I said.

"That sounds simple enough" Atem said.

"It should be, unless of course you also decide to go against me, then I will make your life hell" I said with a wicked grin.

"No worries, we are not interested in that kind of power again" Yami said, and Atem nodded in agreement.

"Good as long as we are on the same page, we shouldn't have any difficulties" I said.

"Alright, then I am in too" Malik said.

"You are?" Marik asked.

"Yeah, I mean why not live forever, I only have our friends and you, it is not like many will miss me so, the longer I can live with all of you, the better" Malik said.

"What about Ishizu or Odion or Mahad, won't they be suspicious when you suddenly stop ageing?" Yugi asked.

"My sister and brother would understand, but I don't know about Mahad" Malik said.

"Hmm... I wonder no that would be too freaky" I mumbled.

"What was that Akira?" Ryou asked.

"Hmm... oh nothing it was just that when you said the name Mahad, I was reminded of someone I know who is named that, someone I trust greatly, he was one of my soldiers, I just thought it was funny that you knew someone named that too" I said, with a shrug.

"Well, I suppose it could be really common name" Yami said.

"Well, he is from Egypt so" I said.

"There it is a common name, who is he?" Solomon asked.

"He was the head of my security actually and he did a good job. But he left my service about 2 years ago to get married to the love of his life" I said.

"Come again?" Atem asked.

"It is a long story" I said.

"Given how long you have lived, you have the best stories, go on tell it" Heba said.

"Did you just call me old?" I asked.

"I eh no ma'am, I would never" Heba said.

"Relax, I am kidding" I said, and we laughed, when we had calmed down, they all looked like kids in a candy store, waiting for the story, even Grandpa.

"Oh, alright it was about, hmm seven years ago" I said.

Flashback

It was late in the evening, Ra had touched the horizon and soon Khonsu's travel would begin, a man was walking down the streets of what was once Khemet, but now modern Egypt, he marveled at the sight, it looked so different from what he remembered, especially the architecture, it was very crude, he walked a bit longer and down some alleys, he was totally lost, then he found someone to ask.