one

February 18, 2021 Orlando

Hailee's POV

"I just don't know why are you taking me to a bloody football match" Florence groans as we sit in the backseat of the Uber from the airport.

I roll my eyes at her whines. She complains about it since I decided that we're going to watch the game in real life. I didn't tell her why I want to see it so badly, I just blackmailed her, saying that if she won't go with me, then I won't hang out with her on set. It made the trick because she agreed immediately. She's a sucker for spending time with me. What can I say? I'm the best.

"Flo, you're filming without any real breaks for five months. It's time to see a real word, Pugh! Don't be such a party pooper, it's gonna be fun, I promise!" I exclaim, trying to infect her with my excitement.

I didn't see my best friend around a month now, I missed them so damn much and I won't miss this game just because Florence is kvetching.

"If you wanted to do something funner than we could go to some party or something, but not this! Football is a boring sport, Hailee!" She keeps arguing with me and I groan loudly, turning my head to her with an annoyed expression.

"That was supposed to be a surprise, but if you don't want to shut up, then fine! Do you wanna know the real reason?" I snap softly at her. She widens her eyes at my sudden outburst, but nods slowly in agreement. "I want you to meet my best friend, okay? They're playing tonight and I want to see them. I wanted to go alone first, but then I thought about you. I think you'll like them, I know Jayden since my teenager years" I share with her with a small smile at the mention of Jay's name.

"Jayden, you say?" She smirks, reaching for her phone, but I grab it before she can even unlock it. "Hey!"

"You're not googling them! I want you to see them the first time in real life" I tell her, shoving her phone in my purse. She huffs out, but doesn't try to fight with me anymore.

"They. Why are you keeping to call Jayden they? She is a girl, right? We're going to a women's match after all" She scrunches her nose in confusion, but I can see the curious hint in her eyes.

"Yeah, they're non-binary. They're using they/them pronouns for a few years now. There is a lot of history behind it, but it's not my story to tell" I reveal as little I can, but enough so she could understand.

The same thing Jayden tell people at the first meeting. It's really important to them to use the right pronouns. They were struggling their whole life with who they are and only having the courage to decide about them being non-binary few years back. It was such a big moment for them.

It wasn't a surprise for their family, though.

"Oh" Flo breathes out and for a split second I fear that I made a mistake bringing her with me. "Okay. Thanks for telling me" She smiles sweetly to me and I sigh in relief.

How could I doubt such a pure soul like Florence? She's the most amazing person I've met in so long. Literally amazing.

A comfortable silence falls between us for the rest of our ride to the hotel.

Jayden's POV

"I'm a bitch, I'm a boss. I'm a bitch and a boss. I'ma shine like gloss..." I sing quietly to the song playing from my phone in the background.

I dance in front of the sink in the hotel's bathroom, only with a towel around my waist and a small towel around my shoulders. My right hand holds the dryer and left hairbrush, combing my blonde hair.

They're not long, only reaching to my chin, so it's easy and quick job. I just keep drying them for a couple of minutes before they're dry enough for me, so I turn off the dryer and rest it on the counter along with the hairbrush. I look in the mirror and smile to myself, being happy with how I look.