Chapter fourteen: The Struggle

In the forest, Sendak and Adam were sitting in a fireplace as it was the same night. It was clear that the battle that the monster had with Keith and the others was...odd.

But it was clear that Keith had a long time to recover, thanks to the injuries from him.

"Why are you standing up?"

Both Sendak and Adam gasped as they turned to see a familiar face.

"Haggar, why are you so interested in getting rid of us?" Adam said as the figure approached.

"It's nothing like that." Haggar inquired. "Actually, I'm more interested in you."

"Me?" Adam glared.

"Yes you." Haggar said.

"Ok." Adam said.

"Why are you staying, I do not understand why Sendak selected you as his new lieutenant." Haggar said.

"...I guess we both depend on one another." Adam said.

"I see." Haggar said, before Adam felt a sudden grip put upon him, it was Haggar's powers gripping him as he couldn't resist, not even when the grip vanished and Haggar walked up behind him.

"Your insolence will not protect you, you will do what is asked of you." Haggar said, putting her hands on Adam's shoulders.

"Yeah, or what?" Adam asked.

Haggar grabbed him by the chin and squeezed his cheeks as she turned his head towards her.

"Or you will suffer the consequences for insubordination." Haggar said as she let Adam go.

Adam was so afraid for once in his life, he could imagine what would be like if he hadn't supported Shiro and was worried about him as Haggar chuckled before she slipped away into the shadows.

The following day, Keith sighed quietly as he lay asleep in the shack. Hunk sat beside him, watching him in concern.

Last night, Keith had developed a fever and he started coughing up blood, so he had to go and wake Coran so that he could tend to him...but that wasn't the only thing that worried him.

"Ugh..." Keith groaned. "S...Shiro...Shiro...!"

"He was doing this last night, too..." Hunk said. "He kept calling Shiro's name in his sleep...he might have been having a nightmare about him."

He then looked up to the window, where he saw Lance and Pidge sitting outside with charms set up all around the perimeter of the shack.

The young man gulped nervously as he ducked his head down a bit, just as the wind began to blow through the trees.

"I sense a sinister wind approaching, Pidge," Lance said, his hands folded in prayer. "Stay on guard, for a malevolent spirit approaches."

"Of course," Pidge agreed, and soon, something came flying through the air: a fog that looked like wolves, barking hungrily as they approached an ominous cloud.

"We shall stop them here," Lance said, calmly.

"Right," Pidge nodded, and soon, the bots crashed against an invisible wall, shocked by a barrier of energy before they dispersed. Sometime after, though, the monster with the laser eyes soon appeared with Adam.

"Keith!!" he shouted. "Where are you?!"

"Oh, no...!" Hunk squeaked as he looked outside. "That monster's come back! And he's even bigger than he was before!!"

"Urrgh...huh...?" Keith groaned as he started to wake up. "What's going on?"

"Keith~!!" Adam roared. "Come out, right now!!"