A Galran Captive

Lance POV

I was chilling in the training room with Pidge and Hunk. It had now been 7 pheobes since we came to space and became the Paladins of Voltron. I, being the best pilot here minus Shiro, piloted the blue lion. We have bonded so much that I'm sure even Shiro would be jealous. Speaking of Shiro, him and Allura were on a mission infiltrating a galra command ship. "Paladins! Allura and Shiro have returned!" Coran's voice came over the loud speaker. Me, Pidge and Hunk ran over to hangars. As we turned the corner to the hangars, I heard a thud and a loud yelp. Entering the hangar, the sight I saw was unexpected. A galra knelt on the floor with their hands tied behind their back. The galra had large cat-like ears and a tail. Their luminescent yellow eyes had bright violet pupils. Their clothes were made of a silk-like material and looked tailored and expensive. "Please, please! Release me! I need to-"
"Shut it Galra scum!" Allura shouted at them, silencing their pleads. Shiro stood behind Allura, seeming almost oblivious to the scene unfolding infront of him. His gaze landed on me. "Ahh. Lance. Pidge. Hunk. Just in time. As you can see, me and Allura captured this galra during our mission. He seems to be a high ranking official." Pidge grinned excitedly. She ran over to the Galra.
"Hello! What's your name? What's your job in the empire? How high in the ranks are you?" Quick fire questions. I would never be able to answer them all because I'd probably miss one. "My name is Keith. I see no point to tell you my job. And I'm just under royal command, if not royalty." He glared at us all.
"Doesn't matter." Allura said dismissively, kicking him in the stomach. Keith let out an even louder yelp than before as he rolled along the floor. "Lance, take him to the cells." I blushed as she spoke to me. "Yes princess." I slung Keith over my shoulder.

Keith POV

The blue paladin, Lance, was taking me somewhere. I think Allura said to the cells. Makes sense. I would do the same if any of them had been brought to me. But I certainly wouldn't treat them so roughly. I know Allura is a princess and her people were killed by Zarkon but that doesn't mean she has to be so harsh. My stomach stung from the kick. I hope the cub isn't hurt. If they are, then I'll never forgive myself.
"So how exactly did you get caught by those two?" Lance's question caught me off guard.
"They invaded the ship I was using as my home. Alpha was away and-" "Alpha? Who's that?" He interrupted. "Does Princess Allura hate galra so much that she doesn't teach you our culture or is she the uneducated one?" Lance shrugged. He placed me down. I guess we arrived at our destination. He wasn't leaving so I guess he was waiting for an explanation. "Galra are split into three sub-genders. These are alphas, betas and omegas. Alphas are the strongest and most dominant. Betas are like every other species. They usually are in male-female pairs. Finally omegas. They are the weakest and made for breeding and giving birth to young, regardless of gender." Lance was now sitting down opposite me and listening intently. "Which one are you Keith?" I took a sharp intake of breath. I didn't think he'd be nice enough to use my name. "I'm... an omega." I hung my head low. Even after getting mated and being the highest ranked omega in the Empire, I was still ashamed of being an omega. Lance laughed. "Well I definitely thought you were a beta with the fact you're high ranked! You must be strong!" My heart glowed. I didn't think I'd become attached to any of the Paladins but here we are. I shifted around a bit, trying to get comfy. When no comfort was found, I let out a whimper. Lance immediately looked at me with concern. "Is something wrong Keith?" Although I vowed to never show weakness to anyone but Lotor, I nodded and whimpered again. "Please don't tell anyone about this, especially Allura, but... I myself am pregnant. Pregnant omegas are usually in places of comfort like beds or nests but as you can see..." I gestured around the bare, empty room. Lance gaped at me. "Your pregnant!?" My ears flattened against my head. "Not so loud and swear that you won't tell anyone!" Lance stood up and nodded frantically. "I swear!"

Lance POV

That means Allura could have harmed an unborn child!? What the quiznack!? I ran over to my room. I always kept spare pillows and blankets in the case of emergency and this situation is most definitely an emergency. I had at least 50 blankets and pillows. I grabbed 10 of each and ran back to Keith's cell. On the way I bumped into a small figure. "OI watch where you're going Lance!" Pidge shouted. Moving the pile in my arms to the side, I looked at her small frame. "Where are you taking these pillows to?" I started walking again, remembering Keith was waiting for these. "None of your business." I grunted. I sped up and sprinted the rest of the way to Keith. I finally reached the cell. Keith looked up at me when I entered the cell.
"Here. Pillows and blankets. Ten of each. Do what you need to do." I told him, dropping the stuff before him.

Pidge POV

I followed Lance down to the cells. He was talking to the galra. I think his name was Keith??? What a human name. Why does Keith need all the pillows? He was grabbing and arranging them into a nest-like shape. Lance kneeled beside him and help with putting up the pillows or laying out some blankets. I walked over to them.
"Lance? What are you doing with the prisoner?" I asked, startling them both. Keith's ears flattened against his head and Lance glared up at me. For once I was actually taller! "I'll have you know that I'm helping Keith. And no, you don't need to know why." Keith looked at each of us nervously, as if a fight was to break out.
"Can there be no fighting? Please?" He whispered, as if too scared to speak at full volume. Lance looked over to him. "Of course Keith. Can't have you building up any more stress, can we?" Keith smiled weakly and nodded. "Okay what the hell is going on? Why are you two suddenly friends?! He's just a galra!" I shouted although I probably shouldn't have. Keith his head away and visibly started shaking.
"You... know nothing!" Keith lashed out at me. "You don't know what it's like to live in constant war! To live in fear for your family and friends! To be shunned and hated for what you are!" Keith was now crying and shaking violently. "You so called 'defenders of the universe' took me away from my home! My place of security and comfort! It's a wonder one of you is willing to help me!" That was the final straw for Keith. He broke down sobbing and Lance started to pull me away and out of the cell.

Lance POV

Jesus. If the Voltron has caused that much pain to a singular galra, who knows how the rest of them are bearing. Are we really that bad? Or do we live in such comfort that we ignore the troubles of others. I dragged Pidge into my room. "Wow well done idiot." I hissed at her. "What?" Pidge asked, so innocently that most would be fooled.
"I was getting along with Keith. You've probably ruined the little trust he had in me." Pidge huffed. "Whatever. Allura's is most likely put you on prisoner duty anyway. You remember your mistake from the last mission, don't you?" I turned my head to face the wall. To be honest, yes, I do remember my mistake. I pulled the alarm instead of turning off the shield generator. According to Allura, I nearly got all of us killed. But if that means I get to go on guard duty, good. I smiled at the thought. I do hope Keith is alright.

Keith POV

I whimper quietly. The pristine white was feel like their closing around me. I just want to go home. But... maybe I can make friends with Lance and he can help me! I'll be able to get free! And go back to... Lotor

Lotor... I miss him too much.

I need him too much

1448 words.
Honestly I thought this would turn into an extremely long one-shot. You guys are lucky it didn't. Anyway, I shouldn't bore you anymore. Read the next chapter or read something else! I don't really care since it's your life! Yay, freedom to make our own choices! I'm stupid
-Astro